Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jooo

by jooo

@koebes - Maybe Berk can make you a combo like this using your existing post?

Berk wrote:Image

doomith

by doomith

Thanks guys - good Idea.
Just got a new BMC so I'll go for a fit and do some riding then it looks like I'll be sending my seatpost off to Berk ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BMANX, and I both had Jure build us Cervelo posts in the same manner. I could not be happier.

renoracing

by renoracing

Amazing craftsmanship in this thread!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all!

Otherwise it can be made like the Pinarello combo above, around 100g weight savings (the clamping hardware is really very heavy in that case)

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Berk, how much flex do you expect to get from your new saddle? I'm running a SI Kit Carbonio Flow on my Funk just now, and I think its the flex of the saddle that makes it comfortable even for MTB. I'd love to get one of your new saddles for it when they are available, but I'd need it to be able to give and not be super stiff. Is that plausible? Or are full carbon saddles just guaranteed to be very rigid?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, the general idea of the saddle is to provide more comfort exactly because some flex and the cut-out. For the saddle shell there will be used a different resin compared to the saddle rails, just to provide more flex. It's still in development and I'll of course experiment a bit more with it. Tomorrow the new mould (the 142mm wide saddle) will go in process, should be finished tomorrow in the evening, and I'll make some more tests with the new saddle shell.

After this new mould also the moulds for the saddle rails will go in process, not yet next week because they don't have the time for it in the company where it's made, but it should be in the end of May. Till then I'll test the saddle shells to provide the best resoults for the comfort. Regarding the saddle rails there is "only one way to go", that means to provide the best possible stiffness, to get some durable saddle rails that hold the structure of the saddle shell. I'll keep you updated, hopefully I'll have the time to go to the workshop where the new 142mm saddle mould will be made, and if I manage I'll make some photos.

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Thanks Berk. Be really cool if one day you could make a video showing the suppleness, something like this

szaffiri

by szaffiri

I really like your new saddle design, here is a pic of something I have been working on, the shape is based off a toupe, and its approx 140mm. I need to figure out how to mold rails, right now I keep cutting the rails off old saddles. Any suggestions for making composite rails?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

dwaharvey wrote:Thanks Berk. Be really cool if one day you could make a video showing the suppleness, something like this

No problem :thumbup:. Sure, it shouldn't be a problem to make a video like that once I make the final version of the saddle.

@szaffiri
Thanks! If I'm honest also I have some smaller problems with the rail moulds (especially because the design - "the rear bridge" on my saddle design). Don't know if you have the chance to draw and make it on CNC, but personally I think it's the only good way to go. I also already tried to make them by myself, but in the end I throw everything in the trash, wasn't happy with the resoults and decided to make some moulds on CNC. Otherwise I'm still waiting for them, but in general now it should work.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

In the past few weeks quite a lot of things happened to me...as it looks in Slovenia quite a few people saw me and my story, and shared it even in a news paper: http://shrani.si/f/s/3G/1LRn1lxT/jure.jpg

There was also an event, called "Youth week", and I was cntacted to share some informations about my story, and shared my experiences etc. with young people. I'm still quite young, in July I'll be 21, and I guess it's interesting that I share some of my experiences with people at similar age...:thumbup:. Just to give an idea what is possible if you want, and that life isn't only about going to school and get drunk every weekend :mrgreen:

Image Image
It was a nice experience, I presented my story in short (less than half hour), and then there were a lot of questions etc.,..more than 2h :mrgreen:

What can I say, I really appreciate all those positive responses, never thought that my work may catch that much attention..

locktopus

by locktopus

Congratulations, Jure!

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Well done mate, awesome recognition for so much hard work and dedication.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

As they say ... work hard at the craft of your love, all the 'dues' will come along the way.

Well done Jure, your dedication has borne some fruits. :)

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Well done! 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com