"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Liggero wrote:I think evans is out, in my personal view. I can't imaging him winning the giro, even if he was in pink, but due to the rest of contenders, seems logical to include him. But i´m not logical, i'm realistic. From my point of view, evans will suffer more as time goes on...

Still, I may be wrong and evans been older has more endurance... I don't think so.

Evans can only get better as the giro wears on. He is more confident now, he knows what he can do and he is on home soil.
Nibali sees that Cadel can be good and Robert Millar thinks the same. What do they know that we do not know.
Probably a bit more.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Liggero

by Liggero

I hope you are right stella-azzurra, I like Cadel a lot and his skills and how he bunny hops with his TT rig, but in my mind it seems like, as happened with Carlos Sastre, his best years were shadowed behind dopers while he was always riding clean. I've heard a few times that as you get older, you may loose strength and gain endurance, so if the peloton is really riding clean these days... He may win. Looking forward to be probed wrong ;-)

Pity for hesjedal, he seems a nice guy too.
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CBJ

by CBJ

Cadel played the coming from behind game really well when he won the Tour too. Experience should play a role too.

Zitter

by Zitter

nice to see andy in the break

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Liggero wrote:I hope you are right stella-azzurra, I like Cadel a lot and his skills and how he bunny hops with his TT rig, but in my mind it seems like, as happened with Carlos Sastre, his best years were shadowed behind dopers while he was always riding clean. I've heard a few times that as you get older, you may loose strength and gain endurance, so if the peloton is really riding clean these days... He may win. Looking forward to be probed wrong ;-)

Pity for hesjedal, he seems a nice guy too.

You lose both as you get older. And nice guys have nothing to do with winning it. :noidea:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

elviento

by elviento

Cadel is comfortable and has a subtle confidence about him in this Giro. Watch out for him.

That said, Nibali looks superb as well. His special TT training during the winter has made him a more complete rider.

The entire Astana team is on mechanical Campy (although their mechanic was building an EPS bike yesterday, and there were a few backup bikes w/ EPS).
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

KWalker

by KWalker

The uphill TT is what I wonder about. Cadel is more steady state, but hasn't done well in these before. Nibali is more of a pure climber and I think could hold his own on a course like that. I'm not sure where Cadel will be able to gain the time that he needs.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

russianbear

by russianbear

stella-azzurra wrote:
You lose both as you get older. And nice guys have nothing to do with winning it. :noidea:

Deleted. Come on. No need for that kind of language.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Wed May 15, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post content deleted by PP.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

That uphill TT is fairly consistant in gradient which may play into Sky's hands if they are still close at the finish. If they still have the strength and power left over WIggo or Uran may be able to pull something out of the bag. It seems like reading the way they train at effort and power they would be able to do that climb with their eyes closed.

LOOOOOOOONG way togo yet though and as we have seen so far, anything can happen between now and then. I am yelling for Cadel and Wiggo though, and won't try and hide that fact.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Yeah but the reality is that being nice is irrelevant whether you win or lose.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Nah, it's still relevant.
DiLuca is an ass. He looks like a Cyborg. He won. (and then look what happened... hahaha)
Whether he actually won or not, doesn't matter. He's still a boring cyborg ass.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Is Garmin riding for Farrar?

Liggero

by Liggero

stella-azzurra wrote:Yeah but the reality is that being nice is irrelevant whether you win or lose.

Definitely there are no time bonuses related to niceness, but I guess if the peloton or other teams decide to "colaborate" with either evans or wiggo, there might be a slight difference, and that can be relevant in seconds on the GC, to say the least.
Happy Trails !!!

elviento

by elviento

Ryder seems not normal. Something must be wrong with him.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hesjeda ... e-stage-11

BTW, being nice may affect whether people will root for him...
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

erty65

by erty65

Liggero wrote:I still don't understand how people are amazed by the results of those who doped, like Basso or LA. Funny they find it amazing..
They were not alone, i.e. they were better than the other dopers.