Speedplay specific shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LoboCyclist

by LoboCyclist

Nagge,

How is the ventilation in the Wire SP? Does the lack of a vent in the sole make a difference?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nagge

by nagge

Can't really tell yet, I haven't used them without shoe covers yet as it's still cold outside. But i don't foresee any problem with ventilation, they are perforated and feel well ventilated.
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

"When l first tried the shoes on l was a little concerned as the left (my big foot) pressed tight against the outter edge where the carbon wraps around. All the forums l researched said to be patient and do the heat treatments to mold them proper, thankfully that gave piece of mind. The forums also said to go a half size smaller,but when l measured my left foot and referenced to the wiggle chart (actual sizing in metric units) then compared to past shoe sizing l decided to go with the wiggle chart. So not a half size smaller,which works for me. I have removed the left insole and no longer need the wedge from past shoes(keep knee in). Right shoe has the wedge(keep knee out) and insole has front portion cut out. These shoes are comfy with insoles in or out as long as you do the heat treatment as how you intend to wear them. I have done four heatings so far as its been a process of evolution. These shoes do get better with the heatings once you figure out insoles,wedges,and all other foot issues. Once dialled in you can run them loose on easy rides and they still feel secure. Hope they keep making th
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Sorry people the above article is for the Lake CX401 speedplay sole. l do have a couple pair of DMT PRISMA Speedplay but the latest pair began to separate at the heel where the carbon is attached. The carbon also cracked right behind the cleat mount and l assume it was from walking on stones.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake