Garmin Out-in-front Mounts Ad Nauseum

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

So beautiful that I bought a new Garmin [does not work with 705] and stem [does not work with a Ritchey WCS]. It is a work of art and would do it again.

CBJ

by CBJ

Totally agree it was one of the reasons I got the 3T setup and its a perfect match for the 3T stealth Team color (or lack of color)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

woz9683

by woz9683

Can someone get dimensions on the width of the handlebar clamps of the various units? I've got vukasprint bars and don't have much clamping area at all.

sigismond0

by sigismond0

Most are around .5 of an inch, I believe. If you need a really narrow clamp, K-Edge will likely be your best bet. It's .25ish of an inch.

djconnel

by djconnel

Standard Garmin mount with rubber bands is 8 grams. That works fine for my Edge 500, but I've had to send back three separate Edge 500s because of plastic tabs breaking on me (just dropped #3 in the mail this morning). The display of the Edge 800 is difficult to see unless the angle is perfect. Stem-mounting thus doesn't work well. I am definitely interested in a forward mount for that. Tillquist's excellent mount will put the computer at the stem angle. That's okay for a flat stem, but for a flipped one, it may be an issue. Mountain the unit further ahead, alone, may help visibility, however, by shifting the viewing angle.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

woz9683 wrote:Can someone get dimensions on the width of the handlebar clamps of the various units? I've got vukasprint bars and don't have much clamping area at all.

The SRAM Quickview clamp is 9mm (just over a third of an inch)

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I should have given some thought into the vuka sprint mount area - bought the raceware mount and apparently it is a newer version with a mounting clamp a full 15mm wide. Good news for WW though, it's 12g on the dot. Oh well, I am trying to see if I can get it exchanged with someone else on the local forum now...

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I fit the SRAM out front mount on my Vukasprint without issue. That's about the widest mount you'll fit though.

I've changed bars now though. Happy to swap mounts with anyone in a pickle :)

LionelB

by LionelB

I have the design cycle with version for the edge 500. Works fine and looks good BUT, it seems like it chewed the plastic tabs that hold the garmin in the mount. On a descent my edge went flying. I found it and exchanged it. I recently received a new design cycle mount that holds the 500 and the 800 and it is extremely tight to get the edge 500 in there. I am concerned that it can break the tabs again..

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Imaking20 wrote:I fit the SRAM out front mount on my Vukasprint without issue. That's about the widest mount you'll fit though.

I've changed bars now though. Happy to swap mounts with anyone in a pickle :)

You need this one for the Zipp Service Course SL stem

See all my bike h e r e

sawyer

by sawyer

Garmin Outfront works perfectly for me. Very secure mounting ... more so than the standard Garmin mount.

I'm not one of those people who breaks things, so your experience may vary.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

woz9683

by woz9683

Tillquist wrote: You need this one for the Zipp Service Course SL stem

This is exactly what I did :wink:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Morten, I only held off on ordering one because I was unsure if I'd keep the combo. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger because alas, I sold the Zipp stuff.

Now I need one for 3T :)

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Imaking20 wrote:Morten, I only held off on ordering one because I was unsure if I'd keep the combo. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger because alas, I sold the Zipp stuff.

Now I need one for 3T :)

3T is sold out
See all my bike h e r e

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Looking for a Garmin mount that puts the unit in front of the stem. I just picked up a MCFK road handlebar that has a -5 degree sweep back.

Any recommendation would be appreciated.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)