"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Wiggo to me looks like a man with a few other things on his mind at the moment and the Giro looks like the furthest thing from his mind. I get the impression he regrets signing up for this one...
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

KWalker

by KWalker

Honestly Wiggins just looks like he is biding his time. I'm not sure he is more confident now than he was before the Tour, but when he has never responded well to pressure and bad luck. How many times have we seen him with bike problems in the past and including at key moments? I bet after losing time in the crash that just killed his morale especially knowing what is coming up. Nibali couldn't drop him last year, but these climbs are a bit different and Wiggo will have to be a bit more explosive to hang on especially on the steeper climbs. Nibali also has a stronger team around him this year.

Evans to me has the weakest mountain team of any contendor. With all their money BMC doesn't have that many good domestiques.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Wiggo on Evans: "Cadel is the best I've seen him since he won the Tour. He's certainly a danger man."

Liggero

by Liggero

Wiggo losing time again!!! 1:30 min behind now. I guess having a track background is no good in the rain...
Last edited by Liggero on Sun May 12, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Trails !!!

campbellrae

by campbellrae

He really needs to MTFU on the wet descents...

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

MTFU?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Man The F**k Up

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

I think he's given up the fight eh...
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Anders3404

by Anders3404

Eric Boyer (wiggos old team manager on cofidis) accusing Wiggins for doping.

And that test for AICAR will be in pmace for TdF

In danish: http://veloropa.dk/det-nye-epo

I just saw on tv that AICAR or the other stuff could give tumors

Anders3404

by Anders3404

AICAR test can trace the stuff eight years back. I wonder how many will finish this year without a ban if it is as widespread as it is made to be

Liggero

by Liggero

If it can be traced 8 years... Well, hehe... hehehe...

Hesjedal out in a not that tough mountain stage, as the big mountain were in the middle, not at the end. Wiggo saved his ass today, Cadel too.

# Sarcastic mode on warning, for those with high sensibility #: Great attack by Evans today, either he or Taylor Phinney gonna win the giro.
Happy Trails !!!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

KWalker wrote:Evans to me has the weakest mountain team of any contendor. With all their money BMC doesn't have that many good domestiques.

BMC is more of a classics team than anything else. That's the way it was last year. No real climbers on it to help Evans. That's the way it's been most of his career. You combine that with the hypothetical scenario of him dealing with the juiced up guys in the past and his inability to attack when he needed to you get Evans's career but he's done better than expected through it all in his later years when hypothetically the drug use has subsided a bit and his tactics of attacking at the right moment have improved.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Anders3404 wrote:Eric Boyer (wiggos old team manager on cofidis) accusing Wiggins for doping.

And that test for AICAR will be in pmace for TdF

In danish: http://veloropa.dk/det-nye-epo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just saw on tv that AICAR or the other stuff could give tumors

You omit to mention that the same article highlights that Boyer was in charge when several of his riders were caught doping or were, by their own admission, doping. Either he's clueless or complicit.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I think that's kinda the point.....the team was a bunch of dopers, and he is saying that Sir Wiggo was not the exception.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rob81

by Rob81

could BW be the rumoured "passport" guy?
source:http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/05/the-secret-pro-2/

My bet was on Cobo, Basso, Menchov or Scarponi...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com