Prologo Scratch Pro Nack - Claimed 165g, mine weighs 212g

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

savechief

by savechief

What's up with that? The Prologo website says that the Scratch Pro Nack weighs 165 grams, but the one I just bought off eBay weighs 212 grams. That seems like a pretty big discrepancy...almost Selle Italia-like. Anybody else have this same experience? Glad I only paid $70 for it.

http://www.prologotouch.com/se_scratch_pro_hb_nack.php

Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

most of the Scratch Pro Nack's I've sold weigh in at 185-195g.
this one would totally get picked up by other saddles at school

MJHsurfin

by MJHsurfin

Definitely wouldn't be happy myself.....

Just for reference, my Prologo Scratch Nack has a list weight of 158gm, mine is 167gm - so at least in the ballpark :wink:

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

I bought one of the same all black Scratch Nack pro and it weighed like 192 grams...I sent it back because I didn't like the cover (or the weight).

Then I got the Scratch Nack which weighs 163 grams (close enough to advertised) and fits me like a charm...I'll live with the minor weightweenie penalty to ride pain and saddle sore free...

2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

Svetty

by Svetty

Scales need calibrating?

Ebay counterfeit goods?

savechief

by savechief

I'm not saying my scale is 100% accurate, but it's been pretty bang on with everything else I've weighed compared to manufacturer claimed weights or actual weights measured by other people. I'm talking about within a gram or two. 47 grams is ridiculous. I have a second scale as well, and both produce very similar results.

As for counterfeit goods, not out of the realm of possibility, but have there been any known instances of counterfeit saddles? I have not heard of any myself, but would like to know if you have.

fio
in the industry

by fio

I'm the one who sold you the saddle, and I can definitely say that it's not counterfeit. It got it from Art's Cyclery last summer (who has it listed at 184 grams?). That said, I don't recall if I ever weighed it. I sold it because it just didn't fit me as well as my SLR. I'm disappointed to read that it is such a porker...

savechief

by savechief

fio, just to be clear, I have no issues with you, your auction or the goods that I received. In no way was I trying to say that I thought the goods were counterfeit. Seems to me that saddles are too small beans to counterfeit anyway. You neither misrepresented the goods nor mislead me in any way. I still feel that I got a good deal at $70, would likely purchase it again today knowing that it weighs 212 grams and am glad that it came from another WW. Just wanted to make all that clear.

:beerchug:

I also saw that Art's Cyclery had it advertised at 184 grams. Very curious. My bike is in the 15 pound range, so I'm not going to freak out about 47 grams, but I just thought that it was strange that the saddle was so far off the claimed weight. I emailed Prologo in an attempt to get their thoughts. I don't actually expect to hear back from them, but just wanted to give it a shot. I'll be mounting the saddle up tonight and trying it out tomorrow to see how it works for me.

fio
in the industry

by fio

Hey, I totally understand. Would like to hear Prologo's thoughts on it, but I don't imagine that they'll really care haha. We'll see if they have any thoughts on it :)

Glad to see that it went to a WW too. Enjoy the saddle!

doomith

by doomith

My full carbon nack claims 85g but it's actually 95g :/
Seems to be standard

renoracing

by renoracing

I have a Scratch Nack in hard black that I just bought from TexasCycleSport about two months ago. I was pretty excited at the concept of dropping 50 grams from my Romin, as the Scratch was advertised at 168g. And this weight savings was partially a motivator in spending the $160 on a new saddle... I too was pretty disappointed when I received it and weight it to find out that it weighed 209grams.... It's super comfy, and despite getting torn up a bit in a crash, I've left it on the bike. But, I've been considering trying the Nage Evo Nack, which might hopefully be closer to it's advertised weight of 155grams.

renoracing

by renoracing

Following up with this... I picked up a brand new Prologo Nago Evo X8 Nack on ebay several days ago. The X8 is geared towards xc mountain biking apparently, and it combines the slightly flatter nose of the Nago, with the overall curved shape of the Scratch. I can't tell you how excited I am to have finally found my "one" perfect saddle! Put 50 miles on it without any adjustment and at no point during the ride did I even think about it being there. Also came in a little lighter than the Scratch Nack, at 191 grams. I lucked out with an all black version that I haven't been able to find online anywhere, but I'm debating picking up a second just for the future in the event that this model saddle disappears forever...

1415chris

by 1415chris

renoracing wrote:I've been considering trying the Nage Evo Nack, which might hopefully be closer to it's advertised weight of 155grams.

In this case it isn't that bad at all, my one 162g, about 5% off the scale, OP's saddle 28% :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com