Has anybody tried already a Castelli Gabba jersey??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Liggero

by Liggero

Hi there,

Now that winter is over up on earth, and it will start down on earth, I was wondering if anyone here has tried already a castelli gabba jersey. I guess it's kinda expensive item, but maybe this kind of fabric atarts a new trend of a kind of elastic and more breathable gore tex clothing, and it will extend in cheaper apparel in the future. If anyone tried it already, would be great to hear their feedback. Thanks!!!
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Liggero

by Liggero

For those who don't know what i´m talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVzVt542Zmo
Happy Trails !!!

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I have the long sleeve, and it's really good. Not so hot with just a thin baselayer, but quite warm with more under. Great temperature range. Got the older version on sale, still expensive enough.

genesis692

by genesis692

I bought one recently and wore it for the first time this morning. Not really cold enough to warrant wearing a jacket (about 12C) but I just wanted to try it.

The breathability is awesome, especially for something that is apparently quite water-resistant. I had to unzip it for a 20ish minute climb but I had it fully zipped up the rest of the time. The fit is incredible, which is the obvious selling point. Definitely recommend it.

djm

by djm

Very popular in Norway (after all Gabriel Rash/Gabba is Norwegian) with our cold and sometimes wet weather :-)

I have the long sleeve version (with non removable sleeves) and I love it. It's perfect for the colder days, and very nice when there is some rain or road spray. Considering getting a short sleeve for the warmer but wet rides. My absolute favourite jersey/jacket.

dvincere

by dvincere

I have the convertible version. It's a glorious product. One of my favorite pieces of kit. I'm excited to train in the rain now. With a 150gm short sleeve base layer, 200 gm long sleeve base layer, it is good down to around 0C on a hard ride. Zip the sleeves off and toss aside the baselayers and I can ride in the 16C cold rain we're seeing now. The fit is incredible and the biggest selling point. You cannot roll it up tight like some rain coats and put it in your jersey. Also, the Castelli logo on the chest seems to chip away easily with time. I had the same problem with their graphics on a pair of Castelli bibs of theirs, too.

Liggero

by Liggero

Seems like positive feedback from everyone. Gonna check for the current prices for this item. I may update to this jacket in the future if i find a decent deal. Thanks!!
Happy Trails !!!

nfecyle

by nfecyle

+1
One of the best investment I made last winter. With some layering, it is good to 0 C, while you wont get hot at 20 C. The breath-ability is amazing too, just feel like you re wearing a jersey while it blocks all the cold wind. The fit is very nice. I have a long sleeves one. I was fortunate to get it a a sale price, but even at retail price this jersey is worth it, just like Assos bibs.

ricerocket

by ricerocket

I like mine too. I wear it down to 0 C with a windproof baselayer, all the way up to 15 C with a summer baselayer. Fits well.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

How is the Gabba fitting? I am 6' (183 cm) and 190 lbs (86 kg). I am a close XL fit in most Castelli Jerseys but a XXL seems better in their jackets. XXL for the Gabba then?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Gib, huh? I'm 186cm/77kg and have everything Castelli in L. Liking the snug fit, and the sleeves are long enough.

genesis692

by genesis692

Yeah I'm 195cm, 84kg. Wearing a Gabba short sleeve in L.

djm

by djm

I'm 190 and 75 kg. I wear an XL long sleeve Gabba jersey because the sleeves on the L are too short for my long arms. In the torso I could probably have worn an L.

Liggero

by Liggero

Anybody using the convertible version???
Happy Trails !!!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

djm wrote:I'm 190 and 75 kg. I wear an XL long sleeve Gabba jersey because the sleeves on the L are too short for my long arms. In the torso I could probably have worn an L.

That's my problem - even at 7 cm shorter than you I bet my shoulders are wider (probably a lot) and my arms as long or longer. If I go smaller than XL in Castelli things get super tight in the shoulders/armpits/upper chest and sleeves too short. Fine around my lower torso though. I am definitely not built for competitive cycling.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com