Ryder's Rotor SRM

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dalex

by dalex

In the Velonews piece on Ryder Hesjedal's Cervelo RCA (http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/05/news/pro-bike-ryder-hesjedals-cervelo-rca_284837) it looks like he has a new SRM version of one of the Rotor models - I'm guessing its a version of the Rotor Flow? Anyone have any details on this?

mentok

by mentok

is he also riding garmin vectors? or do all the garmin bikes say garmin on their standard, non-vector pedals?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deltree

by deltree

Yep, looks exactly like the Flow that Garmin have been testing for a while. Wouldn't take much to get SRM to convert.

mentok wrote:is he also riding garmin vectors? or do all the garmin bikes say garmin on their standard, non-vector pedals?

Standard pedals with Garmin written on the side. Else what need would there be for the SRM?! Irony really.

claus

by claus

They could use the SRM and Garmin Vector to compare the data from both under "real conditions"....

by 113245

would not be surprised if that's actually what they're doing

eric

by eric

Those are not the Vector pedals. They're the same make of pedals (Exustar? I forget) without the power measuring parts. The Vector pedals I have seen have a dongle on the crank (the transmitter/battery housing) and the pedal itself is bulkier under the release mechanism.

Garmin are doing comparison testing; a friend of mine is participating.

tharmor

by tharmor

This video says that those are not the "fabled vector pedal".

Ryder Hesjedal's Cervelo RCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf99k6JQRZ8

Liggero

by Liggero

So embarrasing how such an expensive frame still needs a zip tie to hold the shimano battery in place.

I think hesjedal would love to have a Barfly 2.0 garmin mount, to also hold the Di2 central, again, removing zip ties and elastic rings for the garmin.
Happy Trails !!!

Ghost234

by Ghost234

One of the members here has the SRM with the Flow arms (as pictured). I believe it is a white spec Venge.

deltree

by deltree

Ghost234 wrote:One of the members here has the SRM with the Flow arms (as pictured). I believe it is a white spec Venge.

Yep, good memory. Dug it up...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=113759

Kudos to Ibrasi for a sweet looking Venge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dalex

by dalex

Thanks guys, interesting to see that you can DIY this from a Rotor 3D+ SRM and a Rotor Flow. Indeed very sweet Venge with sweet SRMs!