"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

hansonator69

by hansonator69

5 8 5 wrote:
Liggero wrote:from a secret pro:
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/05/the-secret-pro-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I enjoy reading The Secret Pro.

"And speaking of new gear, some of our sponsors have been playing with prototypes and new product releases lately.
Unfortunately some of the new stuff is absolute crap."

I wonder if he's referring to 9070?

I think the secret pro is either Adam Hansen or Matty Lloyd. Ridley will have a new TT bike out closer to the Tour de France but they have already been prototyping. Merida has already released a new TT frame and has sent riders for wind tunnel testing.
Slam your stem.

euan

by euan

Neither rider rode Amstel Gold.

Tinea, by the sounds of today's press Sky will have 2 less GC riders by the end of the year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Something has to give. 5 GC riders in one team.

Just ain't gunna fit.

KWalker

by KWalker

Tinea Pedis wrote:You guys are aware Green Edge is hankering for a GC rider, right?

And considering the numerous GC riders Sky presently have, doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out Gerry was keen on him...

Does Green Edge actually have the cash Sky does? I know they're organized, but can their coaching staff and support riders offer the same to Porte? Doesn't seem so.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

KWalker

by KWalker

Tinea Pedis wrote:
KWalker wrote:But guys, I read on the internet that his bars are too low to descend properly so how did he manage to do that so well?

From someone who himself critique's Pro fits :lol:

Always with the caveat that somehow they make it work. Except for Andy Schleck. He does not make anything work these days.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

DuncanS

by DuncanS

elviento wrote:
BTW, in case anyone is still interested in Hansen's shoes, he personally confirmed they are very comfortable when asked today before Stage 4. Very hard to imagine, especially since my colleague squeezed one of his shoes and said it felt "very hard"...

Not sure how to add that up, but there you have it.

Simple, they are built directly on molds of his feet. It's a technique that speed skaters (Bont initially) developed from the 70's through 90's.

KWalker

by KWalker

The problem is getting the molds to reflect the pedaling load, but I'm sure its not tough to figure that out. Make molds with spindles?

The Secret Pro probably isn't Hansen or anyone that would easily be connected with CyclingTips. Also, despite Wiggo's problem a lot of teams are riding or have ridden 9070 with no problems. There are many more problems with Sram and perhaps its not a groupset issue the rider is talking about- could be frames or wheels.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Tinea Pedis wrote:Something has to give. 5 GC riders in one team.

Just ain't gunna fit.

There's talk of Uran and Henao departing Sky at the end of this season. La Gazzetta dello Sport speculates that OPQS will sign Uran.

Re: The Secret Pro after some more thought it could be Cameron Wurf or David Tanner. Both of them aren't easily identifiable with CyclingTips.
Slam your stem.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

DuncanS wrote:
elviento wrote:
BTW, in case anyone is still interested in Hansen's shoes, he personally confirmed they are very comfortable when asked today before Stage 4. Very hard to imagine, especially since my colleague squeezed one of his shoes and said it felt "very hard"...

Not sure how to add that up, but there you have it.

Simple, they are built directly on molds of his feet. It's a technique that speed skaters (Bont initially) developed from the 70's through 90's.

Basically he made a pair of Bont's :D
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

KWalker wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:You guys are aware Green Edge is hankering for a GC rider, right?

And considering the numerous GC riders Sky presently have, doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out Gerry was keen on him...

Does Green Edge actually have the cash Sky does? I know they're organized, but can their coaching staff and support riders offer the same to Porte? Doesn't seem so.

I've never gotten the impression (from interviews) that Porte himself ever hinted at wanting to one day ride for OGE, and much like Cadel, the fact they're Australian seems to somehow mean that they aspire to. On the the contrary, I get the impression they're both happy where they are.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

KWalker

by KWalker

In addition, I've picked up in interviews that a lot of riders at one time or another got a bit dissatisfied with the AIS structure and setup and have no desire to return to it or any remnant thereof.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Leviathan

by Leviathan

5 8 5 wrote:
Liggero wrote:from a secret pro:
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/05/the-secret-pro-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I enjoy reading The Secret Pro.

"And speaking of new gear, some of our sponsors have been playing with prototypes and new product releases lately.
Unfortunately some of the new stuff is absolute crap."

I wonder if he's referring to 9070?

I found it pretty annoying - Lots of "I know something but I cant tell you what/who/why". Tease.

KWalker

by KWalker

I don't the reference is to a groupset. I would imagine it is to something such as shoes, clothes, or tires as lots of pros cycle onto and off of that stuff.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

anicomp568

by anicomp568

Good job from Degenkolb today, he went like a beast for that guy from Bardiani :-)
Shut Up Legs! (Jens Voigt)

jt2gt

by jt2gt

wingguy wrote:
jt2gt wrote:BTW...for all those that like to stuff all their flat fixin stuff in their jersey pocket, check out all the saddle bags in the pic. :D

Uh... yeah? So? What difference does it make to me how those guys carry their stuff? :noidea:

Hmmmm...you're right...then again what difference does it make what shoes they wear, what bikes, wheels, tires, TT bikes they ride or helmets, socks, saddles, seatposts, brakes or bars they use. In fact, let's just go ahead and shut this thread down cause it really isn't worth talking about since it doesn't make any difference what they use or how they use it. I get it now. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com