Wilier Cento1 SL Build - Now 6.14kg 5/8/13

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

plpete

by plpete

Those wheels look great! What weight did the build to and what hubs did you choose? ChrisKing maybe?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Archetype hoops, pink CK hubs, sapim lasers and race (DS). 1510g. Heavier than I would have liked but oh well.

kgt

by kgt

I know I am biased but this frame looks amazing. I like the new setup as well.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Opinions wanted:

I am thinking about swapping the Zipp bar/stem combo in favor of a 3T Ergonova/ArxII Stealth combo. Reasoning being weight, variety, and getting rid of the noise from the internal routing in the bars.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

plpete

by plpete

The 3T Ergosum and Ergonova are my persoanl favorite bars. I just really like the way they fit and feel, especially in the drops. Considering swithing to Ergonova ones for the wider tops. If weight is of concern I believe the LTD is the lightest offering and it should still match nicely with the color scheme you have going on.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I spend a lot of time resting my forearms on the flat part of the bar so the wider area is much appreciated. I understand the LTD to be lightest (~175g IIRC) compared to the 196g claimed for the team (201 on my scale) but that still trumps my Zipps at 240g. Also, I have an Ergonova stealth bar sitting on my workbench :)

lovestheclimb

by lovestheclimb

awesome looking machine

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Lovely build, looks so much better after cutting the fork.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

astranoc

by astranoc

What a beauty :thumbup:

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

plpete wrote:The 3T Ergosum and Ergonova are my persoanl favorite bars. I just really like the way they fit and feel, especially in the drops. Considering swithing to Ergonova ones for the wider tops. If weight is of concern I believe the LTD is the lightest offering and it should still match nicely with the color scheme you have going on.

+1

I'm not a big fan of the Ergonova's side profile look, but man do they feel great on the bike. Like plpete said, great in the drops.

plpete

by plpete

mellowJohnny wrote:
+1

I'm not a big fan of the Ergonova's side profile look, but man do they feel great on the bike. Like plpete said, great in the drops.

I kind of like the side view of the shallow drops. I still have my PRO EVO Stealth carbon bar/stem combo. Probably one of the stiffest and sexiest bars I've ever ridden, however, I could never get comfortable in the drops with their ergo bends. Went with the 3T stuff and loving it :thumbup:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I've always lusted for the Ergonovas... I even put a pair on the wife's bike recently but have never ridden them myself.

Time to find a stealth Arx II stem...

Smera

by Smera

Simply beautiful. You have a very refined taste, Sir! Congrats.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Weight update!

swapped the Vukasprint bars for 42cm Ergonova Stealth
swapped the Service Course SL 110mm stem for ARX Stealth 120mm
swapped the SRAM Red brakes for Planet X
New yokozuna cables and housing
...and some wheels :)

Weight includes garmin speed/cadence sensor and SRAM out-front mount

I should apologize that my photos are always just phone shots. I don't have a decent background at my house so never feel the urge to dig out the DSLR.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com