The Freaks topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

astranoc

by astranoc

I met a 78yo guy in a sportive few years back, he was 6.5 and with a bike looking like this. I had nothing but utter respect for a grandpa that could ride a century. His back was shot and that's the only way he could ride. I just wished i can still walk when i am 80. Would you call it freaky? Just adding another perspective here :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elviento

by elviento

Maybe only in a "remarkable" kind of way. Ultra long distance cyclists also use a device to address Shermer's neck problem. It looks odd but it's crazy the kind of mileage these people do.

Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

twigstim

by twigstim

That tall bike is pretty cool...wonder if there were any screw up in getting the hang of rolling around on the thing. A fall from the top might put you 20 ft away from where you sit.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

astranoc wrote:I met a 78yo guy in a sportive few years back, he was 6.5 and with a bike looking like this. I had nothing but utter respect for a grandpa that could ride a century. His back was shot and that's the only way he could ride. I just wished i can still walk when i am 80. Would you call it freaky? Just adding another perspective here :)

yep, valid point mate, kudos to grandad

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

"38 mph in a parking lot being clocked by a Porsche 911 driving along side the bike with rider pedaling furiously"

tucked as far into the fairing as possible, this bike in particular nudged 65mph down a stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway! Maybe you could go faster? (the new owner assumes all liability !).

Hilarious! The seller has no clue. :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Mike V

by Mike V

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jvanv8

by jvanv8

That Y bike looks like it's going to need something extra to get up to speed.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

what's on the right side of that frame?

AGW

by AGW

If only it had internal routing.

Camilo

by Camilo

astranoc wrote:I met a 78yo guy in a sportive few years back, he was 6.5 and with a bike looking like this. I had nothing but utter respect for a grandpa that could ride a century. His back was shot and that's the only way he could ride. I just wished i can still walk when i am 80. Would you call it freaky? Just adding another perspective here :)

I enjoy the true freaks and get a good chuckle as much as the next guy. But a lot of the "freaks" are just not in compliance with the Euro-Pro style, but are very reasonable riders, imho.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Just amazing. It even has the blackbox cf crown on the fork.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Seat + handlebar change joke?
Or, "I stole this bike and made it better" joke?
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist