PowerCordz Swift cable housing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djconnel

by djconnel

I got a notice that PowerCordz just came out with a new housing, called Swift (on discount here).

Looks promising. I run ilinks with PowerCordz and it works fine, although some care had to be taken to make sure I had the correct liner. Getting both from Powercordz is simpler.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

02GF74

by 02GF74

mini i-link comes with liner as well as gear cables - the swift housing does look very similar to i-link but seems to have less sharp edges that like to cut into the frame,

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Not sure if the price on their website is a sale price or the regular price. If it's the regular price that makes them much more affordable than the i-links.
Speedplay is the devil!

bobqzzi

by bobqzzi

Wow, that's a bad website- hardly any information about what goes with what.

Anybody care to school me on the best solution for MTB lightweight cables and housings? Going on a v-brake bike where brake failure would be a disaster- powercordz up to it? What housing?

foyale

by foyale

I use the Prime from powercordz with the vbrake ferrule kit, works great. Their new swift housing will do also as the use the same liner as before (Nokon compatible), probably dont even need the ferrule kit

bobqzzi wrote:Wow, that's a bad website- hardly any information about what goes with what.

Anybody care to school me on the best solution for MTB lightweight cables and housings? Going on a v-brake bike where brake failure would be a disaster- powercordz up to it? What housing?

deermatt

by deermatt

has anyone used these swift housing yet ? Theyre a good amount cheaper than ilinks, i could order everything from one place, and they seem to be lighter than ilinks.

theremery

by theremery

Top sleuthy work DJ :D
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

pawnii

by pawnii

would be nice to see a picture with it installed on a bike instead of beads on a table
2012 Scott Foil Premium

cyclistcong

by cyclistcong

shouldn't the weight of them be the key question since we are on ww afterall.

Love to see how it looked on a bike and as well as the weight of a set.

deermatt

by deermatt

Well I just ordered a set for brakes and derailleurs, so I'll be sure to update with pictures since there isnt any real pictures of them on a bike yet!

deermatt

by deermatt

I was thinking, the power cordz goes into a "liner" and the alloy links go over that.. Why even use the links ? wouldnt it work fine just putting the cord through a liner and that being your whole system?

aaric

by aaric

The liner is a thin soft lightweight sheath, that doesn't resist compression. The outer links are there to function as the cable outer normally does.

deermatt

by deermatt

http://fairwheelbikes.com/c/custom-bike ... est_bike_2 like in this picture, theres no hard housing, looks like just a liner over the power cordz and a end piece?

lechat

by lechat

Looks more like the type of plastic tubing you'd get at the hardware store. Wouldn't wanna go down a steep hill on that thing. Not without full body armor and a little liquid courage, anyway.

Liggero

by Liggero

this new powercord housing has a decent price, but i-links and mini i-lins are lighter so...
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com