Campagnolo super record 11 vs DA9000

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

mnmasotto wrote:I have many bikes with all the groupsets. I like Dura Ace 9000 the best. The cables, levers and derailors just seem to work the best. I have to say I like the Campy SR11 a close second. The only thing I do not like about Campy is parts availability in the U.S. I recently broke the bolt which holds the two halves of my Ti SR cranks together and had to oder it from Italy. It took my local bike shop twenty days to get. All the usual ebay suppliers were out! You can find Shimano anywhere in the US!

really Mark? the DA9000 leapfrogs SR11?

although, i would definitely keep my SR11...i am willing to upgrade from DA7900 to DA9000 on my other bike...if it is that much better. i know there's another thread on this subject...and i have read alot on it. i think its time to retire my DA7900.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Yeah, I would also agree that Dura Ace 9000 leapfrogs Super Record 11. I think a few publications agree that right now it's the top of the mechanical groupo hill

savechief

by savechief

mnmasotto wrote:I recently broke the bolt which holds the two halves of my Ti SR cranks together and had to oder it from Italy. It took my local bike shop twenty days to get. All the usual ebay suppliers were out! You can find Shimano anywhere in the US!

Yeah, super hard to find...

http://mikesbikes.com/product/campagnol ... -qc129.htm
http://www.amazon.com/Campagnolo-Ultra- ... B004IFO284
http://www.speedgoat.com/Catalog.aspx/B ... Prod=20346
http://www.neuvationcycling.com/product ... 0-qc60.htm
http://www.bikeman.com/CR8650.html
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

mann2

by mann2

justkeepedaling wrote:Yeah, I would also agree that Dura Ace 9000 leapfrogs Super Record 11. I think a few publications agree that right now it's the top of the mechanical groupo hill

so says my mechanic as well. and he's got some serious installation experience and fanboi love for the campys.

kode54

by kode54

mann2 wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:Yeah, I would also agree that Dura Ace 9000 leapfrogs Super Record 11. I think a few publications agree that right now it's the top of the mechanical groupo hill

so says my mechanic as well. and he's got some serious installation experience and fanboi love for the campys.

pretty interesting indeed. looks like an upgrade is going to happen soon.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

My current ride is SR, but 9000 is unbelievable. As a strong di2 proponent, the 9000 mechanical really makes me think twice.
Unlike some other posters, I have a preference FOR the thumb button on the ergo shifters. I would love to come up with a workaround on the 9000 shifters to get a thumb button on there. If I were to go back to di2, I'd definitely install a couple accessory buttons near where the ergo thumbs are, and possibly reconfigure the other lever and disable the other button...
I see dual control like the original Rapidfire push-push Mtb shifters of 1990, and ergo like the Rapidfire plus with a trigger that came after. It just seems much more intuitive to me.

Laurens

by Laurens

ticou wrote:I heave a sigh of bitter disappointment when I see a quality frame polluted with Shim.
But then I'm not biased either way.

yaaaaawn

ticou

by ticou

Campisconolo, morning, noon and night,
Campisconolo, it is my one delight,
Nasty pressed steel Shimano, gives me such a fright,
that it's etc etc.

Stefano

by Stefano

Isn't most of the benefit from the new 9000 the cables? Has anyone tried them on SRAM or campy to see if that levels the playing field?

airwise

by airwise

justkeepedaling wrote:Yeah, I would also agree that Dura Ace 9000 leapfrogs Super Record 11.

Not aesthetically it doesn't - not for me anyway :wink:

Nor weight wise come to think of it.

Does it have trim on the front mech out of interest?

Madone69

by Madone69

Is the new DA not directly pitched at EPS or even SR EPS?

SR EPS - simply unbeatable in all departments. :thumbup:
Super Record 11- near perfect. very finicky on setup. brilliant when done right. :thumbup:
Record 11 - very good. again very finicky on setup. works vey well. :thumbup:

I have all three and they really cause even the DA or even 2013 RED10 riders to lust. :wink:

The new DA crank is the only component that is a draw card -i think it looks great. :thumbup:

Campy yeah :wink:

How some battle to get spares i find hard to believe. Campy dont break unless you broke it :wink:

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

madone 69 you cant be further from the truth, I have the oppertunity to ride all groupsets, Di2 beats both EPS systems and mechanical DA9000 wins by a country mile.

Sram really need to step up there game.
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Personal opinions and preferences.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

TrekUk wrote:Sram really need to step up there game.
I have a personal opinion that it is my preference that posters from English-speaking countries learn how to spell.

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

sram is usually always the lightest, but it always shifts the worst in comparison tests. its not preference, if you go out and buy SR you will love it, if you ride SR then to try DA you will buy DA, if your concerned about weight you buy SR, if you want performance its DA, nothing at all to do with preference.
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com