Anyone tried Farsports seatpost?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

skiandbikecmh

by skiandbikecmh

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of the carbon seatposts from Farsports.com.

http://farsports.com/product/index.php/type_id-35.html

Probably the 07 or 08 model, since those are the lightest.

They look very light, but not sure if they claimed weight is accurate, or if they would be durable.

I am 150# and I would like to use it for road minimally, but if they are durable, possibly cross or mountain.
My Bike:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

roadytracky

by roadytracky

I've been riding an FSA08 for almost 5 weeks. 350mm, 31.6. Came in at 163g. Finish looks nice, but the minimal head had me worried. Initial set up is a bit of a PITA, but most seatposts are. Seat rails slipped after 1 or 2 rides so I had to reposition the saddle and re-tighten the bolts very tight. Although I still am lacking confidence in the post holding up, it's been a few weeks and a few hundred miles since then, and so far so good. I weigh about 185lbs so if it's working for me it should be great for you.

eric

by eric

Did you grease the bolts? Both the threads and under the heads. It helps a lot.

I have had to roughen up ti seat rails to keep the seat from slipping on some posts. I try to do it on the inside or underside so it's not visible.

I use a permanant marker to mark a seat rail next to the clamp so I can easily see if the seat slipped.

deermatt

by deermatt

They seem to be the same as mr.ride, 6kcycles, token, omni, mcfk even? I suppose if you're getting the 07, go with what one you can get the best deal on.

absmith

by absmith

I got one carbon seatpost from China, 31.6*350mm. weighs around 170g.

http://www.speedercycling.com/Carbon-Bi ... -_p31.html

Smith

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lechat

by lechat

I recently got a Hylix 0 offset on eBay. Listed weight was 160gm @ 27.2x410. And that's exactly what it weighed. Very well made. Unless one of the m5 Ti bolts breaks, I can't see it failing.
There's a Taiwanese seller that's been auctioning them off for months. I ended up paying ~$59 shipped, and that seems to be around what they're going for these days.