HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 20
goodboyr wrote:
Works with the older junction just fine.

yes ,it does


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:50 am
Posts: 6
I think my issue is that I am able to upgrade all firmwares except the EW67.
I have two Di2 bikes, one with an EW67 and another with the new EW90 + BCR2.
I have been upgrading firmware using the EW90/BCR2, but you can't plug another junction (EW67) into the EW90 to upgrade... if that makes sense?
The only solution I see is to use a PCE1? - bugger that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:05 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:23 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Austin, TX
Or you could lose the sm-ew67 and get another sm-ew90 and two more cables.

_________________
My Cervelo R5
My Cervelo S3
My MTB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:47 pm
Posts: 258
Location: CA
bonafide wrote:
Hubert, how about chainrings? Will theh 9-10 speed chainrings work or do we have to buy 11-speed?

Thanks


What exact combination do you have in mind?

I have used a 7900 SRM on my 9000 and 9070 equipped bikes; however, this is NOT an officially recommended combination or compatibility.

The 9-speed is out of the question.

Also, remember that all Shimano 11-speed chainrings have the new 4-arm BCD and bolt pattern. In the long run, you'd be better off just getting an 11-speed Shimano crank.

_________________
Turn down the suck knob.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:47 pm
Posts: 258
Location: CA
Choco wrote:
I think my issue is that I am able to upgrade all firmwares except the EW67.
I have two Di2 bikes, one with an EW67 and another with the new EW90 + BCR2.
I have been upgrading firmware using the EW90/BCR2, but you can't plug another junction (EW67) into the EW90 to upgrade... if that makes sense?
The only solution I see is to use a PCE1? - bugger that.


Have you tried using the SMEW90 on the SMEW67 bike? If you had two extra 350mm wires, you could try your EW90 to upgrade the firmware on the SMEW67A bike and then use the BCR2 charger to do the update.

Failing that, you'll need to get your hands on an SMPCE1 and once you've upgraded the firmware on that bike, you can replace the SMEW67 with SMEW90A/B.

_________________
Turn down the suck knob.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:50 am
Posts: 6
Hubert wrote:
Have you tried using the SMEW90 on the SMEW67 bike? If you had two extra 350mm wires, you could try your EW90 to upgrade the firmware on the SMEW67A bike and then use the BCR2 charger to do the update.

Failing that, you'll need to get your hands on an SMPCE1 and once you've upgraded the firmware on that bike, you can replace the SMEW67 with SMEW90A/B.


Yep have tried all possible combo's of wiring I can think of.
E-tube also prompts you that it can only work with one junction at a time plugged in, ain't no tricking it. No biggie, I'll just have to replace the EW67 in good time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:48 pm
Posts: 48
I don't think anyone's asked, but AFAICT, you cannot use SM-BCR2 charger to charge the SM-BTR1 (original) battery. I have the following setup on my TT bike:

+ SM-EW90-B: 5-port junction with micro-USB charging port
+ SM-BTR1: original battery; not the SM-BTR2 seatpost battery
+ SM-BCR2: new battery charger with micro-USB charging cable (intended for the SM-BCR2 seatpost battery)

Even with the latest firmware, I cannot charge the (old) SM-BTR1 battery via the 5-port junction. Rather, I still need to remove the SM-BTR1 battery and use the original SM-BCR1 wall charger. Not a huge deal, but I was hoping to save some time when I needed to charge...on my BMC TM01, the SM-BTR1 battery is stuffed in a secret compartment above the bottom bracket.

Image

My road bike has the (new) SM-BTR2 seatpost battery and, as expected, the SM-BCR2 charger works perfectly on that setup.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 pm
Posts: 112
Have just upgraded to internal battery and the SM-BCR2. However when I connect the BCR2 with the e tube software I get "connect the SM-PCE1/SM-BCR2." message even though it is connected. Charges fine. Do I have a defective unit?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:48 pm
Posts: 48
dha wrote:
Have just upgraded to internal battery and the SM-BCR2. However when I connect the BCR2 with the e tube software I get "connect the SM-PCE1/SM-BCR2." message even though it is connected. Charges fine. Do I have a defective unit?

Are you running Windows in a Virtual Machine (VMWare or Parallels), e.g. on your Mac? If yes, you may need to tell your virtual machine to connect the SM-BCR2 to your Windows OS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 pm
Posts: 112
Yeah running parallels, when I plug the BCR2 in it recognises it and asks if I want to run it in windows or mac OS. I always select the windows option.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:48 pm
Posts: 48
dha wrote:
Yeah running parallels, when I plug the BCR2 in it recognises it and asks if I want to run it in windows or mac OS. I always select the windows option.


Seems more likely a problem with parallels than the BCR2. Are you running Windows 8? I recall someone else on the forum having problems with Win8 and the Shimano software. I'm running Win7 on VMWare without issue. Could you borrow a Windows 7 machine from someone else to test?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:48 pm
Posts: 48
Anyone know where I can order a replacement spacer for the 6770 front derailleur? The item with the red arrow below.

I'd prefer online vs. LBS (just easier). I bought a used FD for my girlfriend's build and it arrived missing the spacer.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 pm
Posts: 112
415brian wrote:
dha wrote:
Yeah running parallels, when I plug the BCR2 in it recognises it and asks if I want to run it in windows or mac OS. I always select the windows option.


Seems more likely a problem with parallels than the BCR2. Are you running Windows 8? I recall someone else on the forum having problems with Win8 and the Shimano software. I'm running Win7 on VMWare without issue. Could you borrow a Windows 7 machine from someone else to test?


Win 7 as well. Going to try and find a win based computer and see if it works with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 63
http://www.bikeman.com/DP6203.html

It has article number Y5JD98030 at shimano if you want to look for it on other sites, or order it at your LBS


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:11 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:48 pm
Posts: 48
MisterNoChain wrote:
http://www.bikeman.com/DP6203.html

It has article number Y5JD98030 at shimano if you want to look for it on other sites, or order it at your LBS

Perfect...thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ferry74, Fiery, Google [Bot], hawklongly, thencameyou and 43 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ultegra Di2 6770

in Road

andyw396

1

365

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:16 pm

deltree View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. ultegra 6770 vs DA 7970

in Road

fancycoconut

2

370

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:00 pm

glepore View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ultegra Di2 6770 Pulley Drag

in Road

allenpg

4

909

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:47 am

Teletori View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Eurobike 2013 - Official Anticipation Topic

[ Go to page: 1 ... 6, 7, 8 ]

in Road

redhed18

115

23670

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:14 am

LouisN View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ultegra Di2 Lifespan?

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

allenpg

16

2356

Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:12 pm

Slack View the latest post


It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB