Lightweight Obermayer freehub body change

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Hi folks,

After an absolute saga at getting my rear Lightweight fixed, with it turning out they can't fix it in the end - Lightweight sent me a replacement wheel. It got here yesterday and I was very excited... only it arrives with a Shimano freehub. They said they'd change before it got sent to me it so I phoned up and it was all cool - they'll send me the Campagnolo freehub body and I can get it changed here (rather than have to send the wheel all the way back to Germany again).
It's a Gen 1 Obermayer so has the Tune hub internals - I've done some research and I've read that the freehub body on this hub cannot be changed? Is this the case and have Lightweight forgotten they sent me an old Gen 1?

Please tell me something I want to hear... I've been without my rear wheel since September.

sungod

by sungod

email (or phone) lightweight to be sure, but i think you are out of luck if it's the old tune hub

may not be desirable for you, but another option is use a campag sprocket-shimano spline hub, marchisio does them, but only for 10-speed i think...

http://www.marchisio.eu/en/sprockets-cassette/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Thanks Sungod. I'm sorted now hopefully. For anyone Googling I just called them up and they were very helpful; they've arranged to pick up the wheel. Apparently they can swap the freehub there and then they'll send it back.