"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

Joe won that crit a few years back too.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Ghost234

by Ghost234

He is too damn skinny, holy crap.

I forsee him becoming the next Andy Schleck, without the whinning. Tall, skinny, amazing climber, but a little weak in the TTs. I hope he leaves Sky for bigger opportunities when the time comes. But for right now, I don't think there is a better place to hone your talents.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aerozy

by aerozy

Nathan dont worry about those cheeseburgers! You're still a skinny guy but anyone next to Joe is going to look "normal". Same happens to me, my office collegues are always saying im too skinny but Im a fatty compared to my teamates hahaha
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

wingguy

by wingguy

nathanong87 wrote:OK one of the two pictured, is a PRO rider. The other had too many cheeseburgers before his upcoming criterium today. Guess who's who.

Dude, you must be good - that 14 year old kid looks really happy to meet you! :wink:

KWalker

by KWalker

Ghost234 wrote:He is too damn skinny, holy crap.

I forsee him becoming the next Andy Schleck, without the whinning. Tall, skinny, amazing climber, but a little weak in the TTs. I hope he leaves Sky for bigger opportunities when the time comes. But for right now, I don't think there is a better place to hone your talents.

I'm not sure how he hasn't had opportunities considering his race schedule so far this year? He isn't quite as bad at TT'ing as Schleck and is actually useful as a support rider when not on top form.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

djconnel

by djconnel

Ghost234 wrote:I forsee him becoming the next Andy Schleck, without the whinning. Tall, skinny, amazing climber, but a little weak in the TTs.

And with a much better bike position.

But I'm honestly worried about the latest round of WADA warnings: some interesting drugs have been coming through clinical trials (for example, or here's another example). Unless the UCI gets out of CYA mode and into getting serious on the matter, the latest generation of young talent will be lost. Anyone heard of the "Chemical Brothers?"
Last edited by djconnel on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingguy

by wingguy

KWalker wrote:
Ghost234 wrote:He is too damn skinny, holy crap.

I'm not sure how he hasn't had opportunities considering his race schedule so far this year?

He means future opportunities as a team leader, no?

petepeterson

by petepeterson

djconnel wrote:I'm honestly worried about the latest round of WADA warnings: some interesting drugs have been coming through clinical trials

Agreed

cnbky

by cnbky

prendrefeu wrote:Is Mustafa Sayar is associated with doping?

fa63 wrote:I can see where the skepticism is coming from.

yeah - reading a few turkish websites and local cycling club twitter account, seems theres a confusion about the whole issue and its source.

It seems that the regulars are skeptical because he's a nobody and 'came out of nowhere', in other words, surprised with his performance. His previous results aren't bad at all though!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

@djconnel - the names of those drugs alone would scare me away from ever getting near them.

And should scare pros also... how to you discreetly come up to someone and ask for "GW501516"?!?!?

dynaserve

by dynaserve

Brad interview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22340878

1) Wants the double
2) "I've come off those silly rings now"

KWalker

by KWalker

Don't see the quote about the rings anywhere?
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

micky

by micky

BBC one said that Wiggins is going to ride Giro d'Italia and will try to become italian champion.

dynaserve

by dynaserve

Wiggins mentions the rings in the interview (embedded media player in the link).

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

KWalker wrote:Don't see the quote about the rings anywhere?

in video 1:50

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com