Toupe PRO > S-works Toupe Carbon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Permon

by Permon

Hi,

sorry if it was discussed earlier, but I did not find it on the forum.

I run Specialized Toupe (PRO) saddle. It got broken this week, so I am considering a new saddle.
The S-works Toupe Carbon looks great and I would like to buy it, but I heard that it is so much stiffer than the standard Toupes.

Is there anybody who tried both and can tell me the difference?

Thank You.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Switched from the team to s-works version, it's stiffer with much less padding but don't let that deter you. I like the solid feel to it and with the right saddle adjustment it can be as comfortable if not even better than the pro/team version. Proper fitting (and patience to do that) makes all the difference.

By the way, the S-works rail to saddle top distance was significantly higher than the team version I had, so make sure you get onto it to test out the saddle height before going for a real ride.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

The S Works Toupe is a great saddle. I'm not sure how much different it is from the Pro model, however, it is substantially stiffer than the standard Toupe models. If you like a firm saddle, the S Works would be a great choice. I've been running mine since August and have had no issues.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Currently have Romin Evo pro in 143 and 150 ish, like the smaller one more but think i could go for something more narrow i think, did any one went from the evo to phanom or the toupe pro and like it, just looking for some input, i know saddles are personal issue=)

deermatt

by deermatt

no ones body is the same as yours, so the only real answer is to try one, if it doesnt mesh with your sit bones, sell it off and try another.

addictR1

by addictR1

man.. i'd love to try the s-work toupe carbon.. but they don't have it in 155mm. :(

so i got the toupe pro instead.

deermatt

by deermatt

I just got the s works toupe in 143 , but the shop I got it from only had it in white , and said they couldnt get it in black :(

Someone trade me their black for my brand new white one.

Permon

by Permon

The same situation for me. I also wanted a black one....but there was last and it was a white one. So I went for the white one:-)

Grill

by Grill

I have both. Prefer the S-Works.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

sorry for my post, dont know how it got here

KWalker

by KWalker

Get the 2013 Pro- its much cheaper than the 2012 S-Works and not that much heavier. The shape is different than the 2012 models as I've posted in other threads. Its also all black and has much more subtle branding.

The 2013 Pros have a full carbon hull and it is a ton stiffer than the old Toupe. Also has different wing shape and the channel from front to back with the wider nose. Its essentially a cheaper, slightly heavier S-Works.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Johnny Mac

by Johnny Mac

How is the durability with the Specialized S-Works Toupe or Toupe pro saddle? I'm 185 lbs cat. 3 road racer who logs about 200 to 230miles per week and have been using Selle San Marco Aspide (titanium rail) saddles for years. When I bought my 2012 Cannondale Evo, I got a fit done and was recommended to buy the Toupe Pro 143mm saddle, which I did and it fit me perfectly. I've got about 2000 miles on it, but in the back of my mind I'm always curious to know if this carbon-railed saddle is durable under my weight? Thanks for any replies about your Toupe's durability.
Kronos Engineering - Lightweight Bicycle Parts since 1987
Aerodynamics Solutions - Professional Auto Racing aerodynamics

KWalker

by KWalker

The old ones would sag fast. The new ones are stiffer and should last a lot longer.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

bura

by bura

Sorry to bother but would like to know how and where your Toupe did break.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Agreed with Kwalker. I've had numerous Toupes, and my S Works Toupe has lasted the longest out of them with no issues. It has been on my bike for going on 10 months and doesn't show any signs of wear. The old Toupes would break right near the cut out, at least for me. I think I still have an old broken one somewhere that I could take a picture of.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com