Carbon Handelbars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Princers6pe

by Princers6pe

Hello fellow bikers,

This is my first post but have been reading the site of about 2 months.

I currently use WR bars which I find exellent very strong and great comfort, but do you guys know any company that makes carbon bars with a curve not anatomical.

This is so I can ride on the drops a bit higher and not change hood hight etc by raising the stem.

Thanks.
Be humble, cycle.

I was the Prince i am now The Carbon Kid.

cadence90

by cadence90

Have you looked at Modolo? The KX-Carbon Curvissima, maybe?
Also, Excel website, under bars, now has a cool feature which lists reach/drop of all the bars they sell, for comparison.

PS. welcome to WW!
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mises

by mises

I don't really like anatomical either. It seems like most companies have decided that since CF allows radical shapes the bars should have grooves, bumps, and bulges whether they are needed or not.

The closest to a traditional bend I've found are ITM Unika, Kestrel and Modolo Curvissima. They still have slightly anatomic drops but have smoother curves than the standard anatomic designs.

I am going to try an ITM K-sword bar when they come out because the drops are the same as the Unika and the anatomic stuff is just on the tops where it might really be more comfortable.