The NEW Weight Weenie Kit Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Clothing manufacturers

Louis Garneau
51%
Pactimo
10%
Champion System
39%

Total votes: 79

laleme

by laleme

@prendrefeu - I'm loving that blue and green design. I was a bit reluctant to get in on the order because of the original design, but this one looks great. :thumbup:

are

by are

I could be wrong, but it seems like the inseam on most of the Capo bibshorts aren't as long as LG (don't know about the others). I don't need my shorts to fit like Voeckler's, but the shorts that go almost all the way down to the knee are too much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Liggero

by Liggero

I like the new one a bit more, but I think there are a couple things to polish here and there but i like it a little bit more than the previous one.
Happy Trails !!!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The design isn't permanent, and I can see areas where I can clean it up a little bit. So long as we don't enter "design by committee" (which is a designer's worst nightmare), I'll make a few modifications.

And, again, I only used Capo templates because that's what I had on hand. So far the voting is tight between LG and Champion-Systems. I'm interested to see what sort of pricing/deal Ted can pull off with Verge sport. They've got a nice bib (The Euro bib they call it) and minimums aren't too bad. I haven't worn Verge though, so I don't know how they are in quality.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

astranoc

by astranoc

I like prendre's work but I would like to see the <6.8kg added in the back, I think it's the identity of the forum and kit.

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

^ Was thinking exactly the same thing!

Really cool work Prendrefeu :thumbup: would be happy to buy one of all three designs
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

BmanX

by BmanX

I am in on a new kit but just have to worry about getting my body back down to fighting weight before I put the kit on. lol.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Ok, so in the last hour I decided not to take my laptop with me while on this trip, therefore I made the quick updates to the design.

What happened:

-I swapped the logo to Louis Garneau since that's the current winner of the voting, and people were getting upset about Capo (Some people are really passionate about it, apparently!)
-Original colors work, and here's a version with colors a little bit brighter... so you can get an idea of the "Italian neon" thing. Of course the prior orange/grey option is also available. The Blue/Green had a lot of positive feedback so maybe let's go with that?
-Cleaned up the Mascot logo on the sleeve, but kept him 'digital' because it's more authentic (and is a double reference to being 'light weight')
-Added <6.8kg on the back pocket.

Otherwise, interested to hear what Szczuldo's thoughts are on this.

Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

AGW

by AGW

Very slick, I definitely like where this is headed.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I would order that kit. :thumbup:

Liggero

by Liggero

I like it, and I also prefer LG to Capo. Just a couple things I would work on:

- I would make the end of the left leg white, not green, so it follows the same e in the sleeves; one black and one white.
- I would refine that pattern of lines... Looks a bit strange to me. I would go for a patter more sophisticated or a more simple one, more like sky kit or something like that.
- the lighten up font I would change it, maybe, although this one is not bad. I would remove the final dot and change it for an exclamation mark, but better just the "Lighten Up" sentence, with a capital U.
- The side panels of the jersey will never ever ever match the lines of the middle panel. This is one of the basic rules of kit design: panels will never match after sewed as they can match in the computer. I would re design this part.
- Sides of bib shorts and sides of jersey should be the same colour, at least where they meet. Now is white and then black; this makes it look like the bib short and jersey are not from the same kit. A continuity will make it look much much better.
- The colours chosen, light green and cyan, don't look bad at all, but I would go for a less basic colours, just like for instance the genesis team kit (i´ll try to find it and will post it here).

Good work Prendrefeu!!!
Last edited by Liggero on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

A very important thing for kit designs:

- the more colours you use, the more expensive it gets. Right now this kit has four colours, and then the ones needed for the ant. I think that is too much. 4 colours/tints is a good maximum, therefore I would make the ant face logo monochrome, or jsut with a white or grey texture fill.
Happy Trails !!!

AGW

by AGW

I guess I'm not having the same issues aesthetically that Liggero is having, and it's not because I'm too PC to say so. Perhaps Liggero can make his own changes rather than dictate them to Prend, who has done this for free with his own time?

fletch62

by fletch62

I'll add my vote to Prend's new design. Especially is its going to be bright and fluro.
Maybe we need another poll to decide if we change designs?
That's no disrespect to to original, but dont teams etc. update their designs each year.
Makes the old one unique and a collectors item?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com