Castelli Size changes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

Have any of you had Castelli items from last year and this year? I bought a two piece body paint bibs and Aero race jersey that are 2012 models. The fit is superb and the fabric almost feels wet when putting it on, I love it. We were waiting on the San Remo Speedsuit but was only able to get 2013 models. I ordered the suit based off the bibs and jersey size, but the fit and fabric are not the same. I expected a skinsuit fit, but it actually bunches up in the front and when I put my phone in the middle pocket, it feels like it is halfway off my butt. I was really hoping for the same fit as the two piece, and I am wondering now if I were to buy the 2013 two piece that it would not fit like the 2012.
The Castelli website states that the fit was made to "Fit" more people, and not just GC contenders....Well, I wanted the GC Contender fit.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

maggierose
Shop Owner

by maggierose

Castelli designs some nice pieces but the are indiscriminate about contracting manufacturers to produce them. I assume they are like the government choosing a contractor. The moral of the story is that few brands manufacture their own products so never assume they will fit the same as previous years' stock. Sorry to be of little help!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

I was hoping that is was not a change, but from what I read on their site is that they changed the fit to accomodate more people instead of it being tight for GC riders. There words paraphrased.

That stinks, because that is what I like most about it, the fact that it did not bunch and was tight without being constrictive.

HUMP

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I have two pair of Castelli bibs and the medium pair I have fit looser than the large pair.....same style and all.

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

Man, dont tell me that? I was actually wondering if I should have went with the small Speedsuit, but I was so impressed with the two piece kit that I thought I had a winner.

HUMP

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

That is just my experience with two bibs....doesn't appear to be much consistency to me which is why I do not wear Castelli anymore.

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

That is bad, because for me the first kit made me curse all others that I had used.

I have a local distributor of another type of clothing, may talk to them.

HUMP

Jussi

by Jussi

You should try Santini. I used to wear Castelli only but their quality went to China with the manufacturing process. Only Castelli pieces I haven't got rid of are the Ds jacket and a pair of Veloce t-shirts.

Machinenoise

by Machinenoise

Interesting, My club kit is Castelli, and have had pretty good consistency over the years, i haven't bought any of this years versions to comment, but haven't heard any rumblings of dissent from other riders in the club. Maybe the custom team kit is all produced in the same factory so is a bit more consistent than "a country in eastern europe".
I too wish they would actually stick with a GC/typical italian fit, being 6'1" and having to buy size small in many manufacturers takes the piss. I admit in Castelli I'm L but only to get enough trunk length. Wearing a jersey which finished above your navel is not cool.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Everyone on our team feels that the Castelli sizing has changed. I have an older M aero race jersey that fits me fairly loose, but this year's club fit is ridiculously tight on me.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike