Colnago C59 54s GDSL now finished

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

eurperg

by eurperg

New wheelset day, Record / Nemesis / Arenberg 25mm... Special thanks to BxEddie and superlight-bikeparts.de! :thumbup: Going for test ride tomorrow... And no tan sidewalls this time, sorry ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Elrey

by Elrey

Don't like your man jewels, huh? ;)
Sweet bike!

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

That's beautiful!

Saddle is not level though
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Eurperg, nice wheels... I've built a number of these now for my bikes and just love the ride.

I see someone just posted saying the saddle wasn't level. I tried that exact saddle for a very short time and it had to be set exactly like you have yours in order to "feel" like the saddle is level. Just the way it is. However, the saddle didn't work for me at all but it is a nice bit of kit for sure for those who fit it.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

eurperg

by eurperg

In fact, I adjusted the nose down after taking the pic, I think it had turned up by itself... But I definitely like to have the nose up slightly, otherwise I feel like I'm sliding forward. Never any soreness with Regal / Regale. I don't think the one-bolt mechanism of Colnago seatpost is very good, and I don't want to crush the carbon rails with overtightening. (8Nm now) I have been thinking about changing it to Superzero 27,2 with a shim because I already have one... It has a superior adjustment mechanism. Could be more comfortable too.

Wheelset weight was 1693g w/o skewers, front Sapim Laser 2x, rear Laser / Race 3x, alu nipples...
Last edited by eurperg on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronderman

by ronderman

Man, I never get tired of seeing pics of your colnago C59.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

I would put the tan tubies on the Nemesis and the blacks on the Hyperons.... but that's me ;)
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

eurperg

by eurperg

^^ I already have a Mavic Reflex wheelset with tan sidewall tubs, so when I feel like riding a classics wheelset with tan sidewalls, I'll pick that one ;)

Hyperons with tan sidewalls, of course!:

LionelB

by LionelB

Very nice C59 and nice wheelset(s). I would not change the post.

cerro

by cerro

eurperg: Keep the post, suits the bike perfect. Lovely build

nobrakes71

by nobrakes71

eurperg: just out of curiosity: what's your height and inseam measure?

I'm planning to order a C59, and was recommended a 54s by the dealer. I'm 179cm height and 88cm inseam, but I'm thinking if the 54s is going to be a bit too big, and the 52s would be better.

Apologies for briefly stealing your post - but any thoughts on the above would be appreciated.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

i can feel that saddle tearing me a new a'hole, oi oi oi

BxEddie

by BxEddie

nobrakes71 wrote:eurperg: just out of curiosity: what's your height and inseam measure?

I'm planning to order a C59, and was recommended a 54s by the dealer. I'm 179cm height and 88cm inseam, but I'm thinking if the 54s is going to be a bit too big, and the 52s would be better.

Apologies for briefly stealing your post - but any thoughts on the above would be appreciated.

You should go with the 52s, imo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pje0713

by pje0713

I'm 185cm and have a 54s. It's quite a good size for me. I would suggest you go 52s as well unless you are able to get on a 54s and confirm it would work.