FASI Turbo-Plus, Nokon Slim Line?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tetonrider

by tetonrider

I was considering re-cabling my MTB with FASI Turbo-Plus or Nokon slim lines for shifting. I've used the standard size Nokon housing for the brakes of my road bikes--with great success.

Can anyone comment on the FASI? Has anyone used the Slim Lines? (I expect the latter to be quite similar to the standard Nokons.)

Any other alternatives (light, good shifting)?

Thank you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Velofreak

by Velofreak

I´m also very interested on these new turbo-plus cable housing. I´m currently using alligator mini i-link and i-link in all my bikes. alligator mini i-limk are just 0.5g heavier per meter, but the normal i-links for braking are a bit heavier, although they last for ever as you only have to replace the inner liner when needed.

Are these turbo plus housing compressionless like the alligators?
can somebody check the weight of both the shifting housing and the braking housing?
what about the performance?

thanks a lot.

Never heard about the nokon slim line. i will check their website.

tetonrider

by tetonrider

ordered a couple sets of the FASI & slim line shifter housing, but i won't have it for a while.

can anyone else comment?

Drappo

by Drappo

tetonrider wrote:ordered a couple sets of the FASI & slim line shifter housing, but i won't have it for a while.

can anyone else comment?

Up.
Alhoa

HiddenStar

by HiddenStar

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tetonrider

by tetonrider

they appear to be the same. i actually have both the slimline and turbo plus now, but i chose to install the slimlines on my cannondale F29. it hasn't been long, but i like the look and the way they perform with tight cable bends. i'm not surprised there as i have used nokon cables for my road bike brake lines before.

the normal nokon does not save any weight vs standard shifter housing, but the slimlines are a bit lighter.