Scott Vanish Evo Helmet ? Any good ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Westbank

by Westbank

Hello,

I'm trying to find an helmet to replace my current Giro Aeon. I like the lightness of the Aeon but it looks like a giant mushroom on my head. I have looking at the other options (Catlike Whisper Plus, Lazer Helium etc...) and I like the design of the Scott Vanish Evo helmet. But I can't find any reviews or feedback. It's also hard to find a bicycle shop (Scott dealer) that has it in stock.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

davidalone

by davidalone

I think scott helmets sort of polarize opinion really. some people think they look fine. most people think they look like a goofy specialized. some look good in them, some dont. I think they are good value for $ though.

my sponsor store carries scott and I nearly bought one a few months ago because I needed a new helmet. but I decided it looked abit goofy on me and went with a catlike whisper plus instead. if you tink you look okay, the scott performs perfectly fine ( large vents, good cooling, and light.) . I have worn lazer genesis and catlike whisper, if you like these helmets the scott should fit you as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Westbank

by Westbank

Thanks David for your feedback.

Have you tried the Giro Aeon ? I wear a Aeon size Large and I’m sure if the Vanish Evo fit is about the same as the Giro Aeon.

I agree with you on the comparison with the Specialized helmet. Similar style.