Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

PSM

by PSM

Nice!

Anyone who knows how this 3T LTD saddle is comparet to original Colnago? It is lighter but I have found the colnago post pretty comfortable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Smera, seems like the (smaler) twin of my C59... almost identical!

So very nice build ;-)
Pascal

2012 Colnago C59 MTBK Camapgnolo Hyperon Ultra 2 and Campi SR11
2014 Merida Big 99 CF team fully
2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)
2016 Trek Mad-One Limited Team Edition

andrev

by andrev

My C50 (just below 8.0kg, so no WW bike yet)

10sp Record/Campa Khamasin/3T stem&bar

-A-
My first post here

eurperg

by eurperg

Welcome Andrev! The bike looks pro as *f##k*! 8) :thumbup:

andrev

by andrev

Thanks EurPerg!
-A-

Colonia

by Colonia

SalsaLover wrote:here with the more modest, but nicer riding wheels, hand builts Record Hubs, Open Pros, Revos/Comp, Alu nipples, Vittorial Open Corsas and Latex Tubes, this is the wheelset that actually gets ridden most

Near perfect fit/setup. If it were mine, I'd use a sloping stem though; just prefer no or few spacers on a modern bike.

Really nice! :thumbup:

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Andrev came to show me how it's done :P very nice C50 :thumbup: :welcome:

Well I did mine like that to preserve the same fit as the slammed -6°, like it is now it is even a tiny bit lower and longer than before.

I think I could lower it and slam the -17°, I have enough back flexibility, but my weak point is the neck.

I had twice neck whiplash accidents one on a car 10 years ago, and another skiing 3 years ago, my neck is not what it used to be, and the bent neck position required to be lower hurts there.

BTW this "slam the stem" thing is cool, but it is relative, I have seen guys with slammed -6° stems and up pointing compact bars, who almost never go lower than their raised hoods.

I prefer the classic bars, and am quite often on the hooks and drops. so at the end I ride relatively much lower than an slammed -6
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

HWWilson

by HWWilson

Nice C50 Andrev. Aren't Campagnolo Khamsin clinchers? If so curious to know your reasoning behind carrying a spare tyre. Cheers

Colonia

by Colonia

SalsaLover wrote:Andrev came to show me how it's done :P very nice C50 :thumbup: :welcome:

Well I did mine like that to preserve the same fit as the slammed -6°, like it is now it is even a tiny bit lower and longer than before.

I think I could lower it and slam the -17°, I have enough back flexibility, but my weak point is the neck.

I had twice neck whiplash accidents one on a car 10 years ago, and another skiing 3 years ago, my neck is not what it used to be, and the bent neck position required to be lower hurts there.

BTW this "slam the stem" thing is cool, but it is relative, I have seen guys with slammed -6° stems and up pointing compact bars, who almost never go lower than their raised hoods.

I prefer the classic bars, and am quite often on the hooks and drops. so at the end I ride relatively much lower than an slammed -6

No, I just meant that I (personally) would prefer the -6 deg. stem with little or no spacers, instead of the -17. I like sloping stems on carbon bikes. Your bike looks almost perfect from a fit perspective. Stem slamming is like saddle slamming, more fashion than anything else. :lol:

apb27

by apb27

Hi,
I hoping someone can give me some advice.
I bought a used C40 on ebay a few weeks ago and in the sunlight yesterday i see a small crack in the base of the head tube, right in the centre. This photo is very close up so in reality its very faint.
I've looked closely and it looks like its not just the paint, but i can't be 100% without pulling the lower cup.
The bottom cup looks like someone knowcked it out at some stage with a chisel from the outside, a few chips to the carbon. & the overall build of the bike shows the "mechanic" needs some education. Bolts overtightned, wrong spacers in cassette etc.
So i'm wondering if the cup was forced in badly and caused damage.
But overall the frame is in superb condition and i really like it so if any of you have any advice on what might be a good move i'd appreciate it. Today is the last day i can file an ebay resolution claim .
When i look at the auction shots again i can see the crack also, but its not something anyone could see unless you knew it was there.
I've ridden the bike a little and its fine, and it doesn't appear to have worsened. I'm just obviously concerned now that i see it.

anquetil

by anquetil

Bearing could not be solid in head tube after some time, so you could have problems.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Only way to tell for sure is to scratch away the paint. Does look like an issue unfortunately...

Colonia

by Colonia

The "crack" doesn't look like a big deal. Only way to know is to remove the paint, but to me, it looks like a fault in the clearcoat. I'd just ride it. Carbon doesn't usually fail spectacularly from a crack, and the chances of that getting really bad are slim.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

As I can see the paint on the edges is partially removed.

This is a common problem when the "mechanic" attempt to set in the headset without the headset press tool.

Usually they just hammer the headset cups in. the impacts can crack the paint at the edges.

It could also crack the carbon though.

I would remove the headset cups, inspect the carbon from the inside and then set it up back in.
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

apb27

by apb27

I took off the lower cup and it seems cracked alrght. I'm probably going to send it to fibre-lyte in the UK so hopefully it will be fine, he thinks its an easy enough repair from the photo. Thanks