Sources for Pillar or Wheelsmith bladed spokes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mentok

by mentok

I'm interested in finding sources for bladed Pillar and/or Wheelsmith spokes - does anyone know of any? I have found them at bdop and cheapbikeparts360 at the following links, and i know alchemy carry some wheelsmith spokes, but not the aeros.

http://bdopcycling.com/Pillar-Spokes.asp#PSR1422
http://www.cheapbikeparts360.com/produc ... ver-spoke/

surely there are more options out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

absmith

by absmith

Maybe you can get some response from speedercycling.com, they are working with Pillar factory, they all build the complete wheels with Pillar spokes, hope it helps.

jpanspac

by jpanspac

Where are you located? If you're in the US you can get Pillar spokes from Fairwheel Bikes.
My favorite components are the ones I never have to think about.

bobonker

by bobonker

I've ordered from bdop before and had great experiences. Stuff shows up via FedEx within 3 days and the prices are really competitive, too.

Bob

mentok

by mentok

Thanks guys. I'm located in Australia, but there's postage on everything so that's no big deal.

It seems very strange to me that wheelsmith has been such a big name in the past, but they seem so hard to find now. Is there a story behind that?

I was really hoping that someone had found a chinese/taiwanese source for pillars that could be purchased in small lots at specific lengths :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

absmith

by absmith

Which model of Pillar spokes you need? I will try to ask the guys from www.speedercycling.com, they all use PSR aero 1423 or 1432 spokes.