Scott Spark 1x10 lefty 18.98lbs (8572g)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Lime bucket to mach. So HERE IT IS!!! 2011 Scott Spark 10 frame Large '69er'...20.9 pounds as pictures, with heavy pedals!

Initially I got this bike used on ebay, converted to 1x10, did a overall in my garage ... sweet ride! .... but as we know the temptations are huge to go further and pursue our dream bike. I'm fairly cheap, refuse myself to spend stratospheric $$$$ for crazy light parts...so I try to find smart and cheap solutions with what I have in front of me. My goal is to hit 20lbs and you can help me if you have ideas.

before, opening the UPS box: 23.19lbs

Upgrades:
-ZTR crest's 26er and 29er
-Racing Ralph's TL
-lefty carbon XLR 90mm 29er XL clamps - now I'm running with 100mm, one spacer out.
-Project321 lefty adapter
-Scrub's rotor 160/160 with china red bolts
-Replaced the caliper's to Juicy Ultimate, had them in my garage in better cosmetic shape than the XX coming with the bike (levers are still XX)
-Grip shift XX 10 speed on left side
-Home made chainguide (46g)
-MRP 36t chainring.
-pedal boots
-KMC X10SL Gold chain
-new pulley set/inner cage

control center, all controled by left hand (rear susp remote is on right side)

Scrub's rotor with Juicy ultimate, need to upgrade the caliper bolts

Seatpost Ritchey 400mm (217.75g) + Fizik saddle (157.9) = 375.65g. I'm considering doing this to save some weight:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=112588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

new pulleys 14.45g/set

Homemade chainguide, 46g with clamp and bolt

Clean cockpit, with twinlock under the handlebar on the right

And finally, I'm undecided if I print the 21lbs sticker right now, or wait for later and use the 20lbs one. :P

....HAHA, almost forgot, now its ok for you the get jealous, my leg weight is 946g :D that's why I still use the Shimano heavy pedals, is the easiest to take my prosthetic off so far...any ideas? Ritchey V5 might be as easy? I would save 123g to Ritchey's.
Last edited by andreszucs on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:30 am, edited 8 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DrGalactus

by DrGalactus

a) Nice.
b) I'd probably have done a bit more on the bike before I resorted to getting a carbon a leg to save weight :P

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

DrGalactus wrote:a) Nice.
b) I'd probably have done a bit more on the bike before I resorted to getting a carbon a leg to save weight :P

funny! was born like that!

devinci

by devinci

interesting shifter on the left side

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

devinci wrote:interesting shifter on the left side

Works really well, actually makes more sense...twist up for bigger gear, down to smaller. :idea:

TheRookie

by TheRookie

I use mine conventionally, but really don't see an issue using it the 'wrong' side...nice looking bike.....
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

With new stem Ritchey 100mm 17degrees to compensate the angle after the 29er upgrade. Definitely an improvement during my rides.

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Seat clamp is an easy change, a few grams gone. Maybe the seat post as well. Ti fixings in the cleat on your
leg ?
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Oh, tubeless? and Speedneedle.
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

kingkongsfinger wrote:Oh, tubeless? and Speedneedle.

I'm already running tubeless, pretty light. Speedneedle saddle are expensive! I'm almost daring to try this conversion:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=112588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So here is what I was thinking, tell me what you think:

From scott clamp (41g) to MTZOON Alloy clamp 38mm (5.9g): -35.1g site: http://goo.gl/2pQcG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From shimano pedal (378g) to Ritchey V5(255g): -123g
Project321 lefty adapter cut (161g) to Exp.Prototype carbon (60g): -101g (just a theory...expensive one)
Current Cassette 11-36T (338.4g) to Sram XX 11-36T (209.6g): -128.8

Total save: 287g (without lefty adapt)

BIKE: 9475g-287g=9188g

Still need to find a solution for the remaining 117g and reach my 20lbs goal!

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

You could get a Smud saddle. It should be around 70 grams, so ~90 grams saving.

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

the_marsbar wrote:You could get a Smud saddle. It should be around 70 grams, so ~90 grams saving.

Thanks for the info! We'll see! $ :shock: $

02GF74

by 02GF74

i'm surpirsed how well the lefty fork goes with that frame.

seat post clamp is obvious and relatively cheap way toi to loose 20 g or so ; Ti bolts also. i'm sure it is possible to lose the last 100g but it is going to get quite expensive.

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Forgot to add those pics with the lefty side. I like the result as well, but it took me a long time to find this fork on white 'AND' XL clamp, very specific for this bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

I wonder if those new generation rear shock's from FOX, the mini ones (looks so small diameter) would fit in this frame? might be lighter? but I would still like to have the remote with full lockout :noidea: .