a test of cyclocross frame from asia

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

bournepeter

by bournepeter

I bought a set of the "no-name" cyclocross frame (include fork) The frame arrived safetly ,I am satisfied with the fast shipping.

I had combine parts for touring cycle.
(Sram red lever, Sram Xo derailleurs,FSA K-force crank,Cane creek thudbuster ST seatpost,AVID BB7 ROAD disk brakes.)
I have traveled accumulate 1000 km. It's works great. Handleing and absorb road bumping is excellent.Especially downpull type front derailleur cable route is really really great.
No inside cable route trouble. BB30 bb shell chain line is OK, Shifting is really excellent.Especially downpull type front derailleur cable route is really really great! (I love it!)

All good, but there is some minor issues.
First. This is disk brakes frame cycle cross, so I try to use avid bb7 ROAD brake. but brake pad lever id slightly touch the frame. But cutting out a little bit of pad lever will solve a problem.(I did)

Second. I make this bike for touring. So I put 700x40C road tyre. Front fork clearance is OK but rear seat stay tube clearance is really tight.
It's rolling well. But If I ride in mud road it'll be problem.

Third. The head set came with no carbon compress parts.And no spear hose clamp parts.

That's all ,and for a while , it will be my every day bike.

winky

by winky

Great looking bike. I wish they would make them with thru-axle dropouts for the front and rear wheel. Also, would be good to see the rear dropouts to be 142 x 12 mm thru-axle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvincere

by dvincere

This reads like an advertisement from the factory... And the user has one post. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

winky

by winky

dvincere wrote:This reads like an advertisement from the factory... And the user has one post. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Hmmm interesting. I didn't see that the original poster had made this his first post. Really though, I don't bother looking at how many posts a user has. You're right though. For a first post, it sure is suspiciously advertisement like. I guess though we have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he proves us wrong.

absmith

by absmith

Nice building! Any more photos? What's the rear clearance?

J Smith

bournepeter

by bournepeter

absmith wrote:Nice building! Any more photos? What's the rear clearance?

J Smith

The rear clearance is 135mm , you can see in my new picture. This is my first time post on the forum and share with you guys :)

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Cool bike!
I think my next cross bike will have disc brakes 8)

russianbear

by russianbear

dvincere wrote:This reads like an advertisement from the factory... And the user has one post. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

The guy/girl didn't even include a link to where he bought the frame. Paranoid much?

I like the build, especially the super fat tires!

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I have one on order for a WW build - will post some photos and a review once its done.

Irish

by Irish

^ I am thinking of getting one of these any links??

finbard

by finbard

If it was an advert, why would the OP set it up with a tyre that only just clears the chainstays and a brake that doesn't fit without cutting bits off the pad? Everyone has to start somewhere :D

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I have a fair amount of info on this frame; if anyone wants details feel free to email me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Oh, and in terms of whether this is a blatant advert, as noted, it is a little flawed if that was what was intended!

That said, the manufacturer is using the picture itself on the WWW. They do note that it is a customers build but there is a good chance there is a connection somewhere......