The NEW Weight Weenie Kit Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Clothing manufacturers

Louis Garneau
51%
Pactimo
10%
Champion System
39%

Total votes: 79

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I'm in for a jersey.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Champ Sys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Just a suggestion, Endo customs from LA? I just got some of Tracko's kit (Owner of Golden Saddle Cyclery) and its the best kit I have had.

Liggero

by Liggero

I would go for a better design, black and white, no colors, so fits any bike. more like an assos style design. this one is just so so...
Happy Trails !!!

laleme

by laleme

I agree.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I like the current design. I'm also a big fan of orange, not to mention it's the logo of the site.
Speedplay is the devil!

slyboots

by slyboots

Orange is great! Black and white = boring. Not as boring as all black, but still...

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

sorry for the disappearance, i stopped getting email notifications of responses!

Good to see some actual interest going, nearly 50 votes on the poll is a good sign!

Liggero wrote:I would go for a better design, black and white, no colors, so fits any bike. more like an assos style design. this one is just so so...

like i said earlier, if you are suggesting changes to the design you better step up and actually design something. If you wanted all black that was basically indistinguishable from every other black kit buy assos. From my standpoint, the design will stay as it is.

djconnel wrote:By high pockets do you mean the bottom of the pockets are also too high or the pockets are too deep?

The pockets sit really high on the back with Champion System. I'm not that tall of a guy and they are significantly higher that all my other jerseys. However I do like the feel of the jersey and shorts as a whole from Champion System.

Looks like the option will be between LG and CS. Since our last kit was through LG maybe this one will as well. The only changes would be a slightly more durable jersey fabric and different shorts.
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

Liggero

by Liggero

I didn't say black, I said black and white. I´m a graphic designer, and making a nice kit takes a nice set of hours behind the computer. If you pay me for those or you you offer a couple kits in advance I will happily do it. Otherwise I won't. hehe...
Happy Trails !!!

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

Well then it is settled! Kit stays as it is. This is a community project, no one is trying to profit from any part of it.
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

^ Good, have been looking forward to getting to this stage so we can move on! Very happy with kit design.
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

astranoc

by astranoc

Maybe set a deadline for the poll so we can start the ordering process?

AGW

by AGW

I voted for Champ Sys. I'm certainly interested in a kit, or atleast a jersey.

Liggero

by Liggero

Szczuldo wrote:Well then it is settled! Kit stays as it is. This is a community project, no one is trying to profit from any part of it.

It's no profit, but if i were you, i would hire a decent graphic designer (not me, someone else), and share the cost of that designer between the people interested. Then you will have a good design with good materials, right now you have a boring design, problem is that most people won't say it, even if they think it, cause it's politically incorrect. But I really don't care and this design is UGLY as hell...
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kya

by kya

I think it looks fine and I like the orange.

Count me in for 2 maybe 3 sets.

FWIW I voted for LG, but I do rather like the Champ-Sys stuff I've tried as well.