Colnago C59 TSMR (completed build pg. 4)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Love the paint finish on that! nice wheels too!

...and TrekUK only has good things to say about Treks, I've been ignoring his comments ever since I first ran across him.

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

I worked on the front end a bit today. I changed out the black hoods for white ones. It was a real PITA to remove and install Campy hoods. Since the hoods were removed, I weighed the Super Record shifters with and with hoods.

Weights:
SR left shifter, no hood, 147.7g.
SR right shifter, no hood, 145.4g.
SR left shifter, with hood, 174.1g.
SR right shifter, with hood, 171.8g.
Campagnolo hoods, 52.7g per pair.
Campagnolo SR shifter with hoods L+R total, 346g.
Cut fork and lower race, 347g.
13.9cm of steer tube cut off, -51g.
Deda Presa 42cm white bar, 227g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

I follow their instructions and lubricate the hoods with alcohol before installing them, it makes it a LOT easier.

To remove them a plastic tire lever helps a lot.
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

pje0713

by pje0713

I love it with the white saddle, stem, bars and hoods. The white across the top and at the bottom bracket is just perfect, and makes the blue and red pop. Black would make the blue blend in too much IMO. Looks incredible so far. I'm really loving this build.

Rush

by Rush

White hoods are bold but help to 'brighten' the bike up against the large black mass of Enve carbon IMO :lol:

TimW

by TimW

Work of art. Really like that.

davec

by davec

I'm thoroughly enjoying seeing someone take their time with such a beautiful build. Bravo signore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

Today I threaded cables through the shifters. I'm trying something new, and will be using Jagwire Teflon coated cables. I had the cables for a different build, but will try it out on the C59. If I don't like the Jagwires, I can just change it out as part of my semi-annual cable replacement. I also aligned my rear derailleur hanger (it needed a small adjustment), and installed my derailleurs. I weighed the cables uncut, and will weight the cut pieces later in the build.

With the front derailleur, I added a KCNC chain catcher. To mount the chain catcher, the KCNC mounting bolt and curved nut had to replacd the stock SR mounting bolt and plate. The KCNC mounting nut had to be modified to fit the braze-on tab. You can see where I filed away part of the KCNC nut in the picture. Originally it had too much curvature and bit into the braze-on tab too much. When the nut bit into the braze-on, it did not allow me to rotate my front derailleur and align it to the chain rings. I filed down the nut, and now it sits perfectly against the braze-on tab.

Weights:
Jagwire Teflon coated derailleur inner cable, 15.6g (uncut), 23cm, Campy head.
Jagwire Teflon coated brake inner cable, 22.9g (uncut), 17cm, Campy head.
SR front derailleur, 71.3g (with mounting bolt + plate), 67.2g (w/o bolt and plate).
SR rear derailleur, 157.g.
KCNC chain catcher, 18.6g, with M5x22.5mm bolt + curved mounting nut.

Lig

by Lig

Really nice frame and build Vince, you can see the blue of the frame in those last two images.

The wheels on that size frame are a bit deep for me but function over looks of course.....

I also love the way you started the build in the lounge on your cream carpet, I bet the wife loved that - superb :thumbup:

"that's such a beautiful frameset darling, don't build it in the garage its far too posh, bring it into the lounge.......no it doesn't matter if a bit of grease gets on the carpet, it will clean off...." :lol:

Lig.

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

I already promised to shampoo the carpets after I complete the build. We have a dog and it made many messes when it was a puppy. I bought a small carpet cleaner awhile back, and now it comes in handy for my mess. :)

mrfish

by mrfish

Was just reading through the thread thinking the same thing about the cream carpet. Nice bike though.

My C40 is 14 this summer I think. Funny how people hold onto their Colnagos... Must be nice to ride, look good or something.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

This is looking stunning as! Very nice indeed

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

I installed the cassette and mounted the brakes today. I'll be using a Record (not SR) 12-29 cassette with these Enve 65s. I live hilly California and my 39 year-old legs need all the gears.

To install the front brakes, I used the nut that was supplied with the fork -- a 40mm alloy nut. For the rear brakes, I used the 13.5mm nut that came with the brakes. Both front and rear also used one serrated washer each. I also switched out the stock Campy brake pads for Enve grey brake pads. Coincidentally, the Enve pads weigh the same as Campy pads

Weights:
Campagnolo SR Skeleton brakes:
SR rear dual-pivot skeleton brakes, with pads, w/o washe, w/o nut, 146.5g.
SR front dual-pivot skeleton brakes, with pads, w/o washer, w/o nut, 145g.
Serrated washer, 1g each, the brake set came with 3 washers.
16.5mm nut, 1.5g.
13.5mm nut, 1.4g.
27mm nut, 6g.
21mm nut, 4.9g.
Colnago 40mm front brake nut, 3.1g.
Record 12-29 cassette with lock ring, 245.3g.
Enve brake pads, 22g per set of 4.
Campy brake pads, 22g per set 4.

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

That looks sweet as man, the Enve set it off!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

davec

by davec

Love it more and more with every pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk