Identiti Empty Fork (Carbon Rigid Fork)

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

So... anyone tried these or heard about anything ?
Cheaper than Pace RC31 and has semi sero look to it...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360010357

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Well from the website the fork appears to be quite nice. I don't think it would be as light as the RC31, but might be good for your purpose.

Be sure to check out the maximum tire width - It looks rather narrow.

The only other thing that may deter you from it, is that it isn't disc compatible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

The stated weight is 800 gr. so it's heavier then the pace forks. But i also ride with 800 gr forks.
I think you can buy it if you go for the looks. Otherwise, just walk into your lbs and weight their stock of secondhand bike forks. There will be forks thre with the same weight, and at a lower price!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Tippster

by Tippster

These forks are swept (they are not a Stelletto, but curved).

They will offer a greater shock absorption over the Pace RC31's.

I do run Pace RC-31's and I'm very happy with them.

sieglin

by sieglin

It's strange that you are looking at 800g forks when my black Steinbach fork weighs 585g (cut). I have used it for more than one year and it has performed perfectly, both during weekend rides and XC races. I have it set up on my Giant carbon MCM Team, and my Extralite Ultrabar and Ultrastem setup makes this a combination that for me is as good as any front shock --- but much faster of course. I must admit that I go slow on heavy duty downhills, but I am not a downhiller anyway, and will never be after having broken my collar bone 3 years ago. But for XC racing this combination is perfect. The price of 120 euro was quite acceptable too. Incidentally, I am about to put a local Chinese-made (I live in China) rigid fork on one of my older frames, I think it weighs about 630g, and cost 25 euro, hahaha!
By the way, if you ever come to China, you are welcome to join our weekend rides - http://themob.404.com.au
Sieglin (Belgium)
If you can think it, you can do it...