a67b wrote:Hi!!
great building!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tsali4224

by tsali4224

Thank you very much. I'm pretty happy with the parts. I was building this bike on a budget, so some of the parts weren't my first choice, but they all worked out to reach my 10lbs/4540g goal.
Fuchspk wrote:Great Bike with a lot of nice Parts.

tsali4224

by tsali4224

I built it mainly for a climbing race bike here in colorado, and when you are going up hill it feels like riding a cloud, like there is nothing underneath you. Then when you stand to accelerate to power just goes straight to the road. Coming downhill right now is a little scary, but I think that is just all in my head. Once I'm more comfortable I'm sure it won't be as scary.
mzz wrote:HOLY SHIT ==)
Wonder what it feels like to ride such light bike

tsali4224

by tsali4224

Oh I'm not worried about the comments, I would do the same thing:-) I thought it looked funny myself in the pictures. But the possition will change once I get it dialed in. The tires...give me some suggestions...I agonized over this choice, and I'm willing to change them if there is something better out there. (weight and performance balance)
Geoff wrote:Ok, that's nice. Don't be discouraged by guys hacking on your saddle position and stem/bar position. Each to his own. The tires, though...

Vuong05

by Vuong05

I've ridden the Tufo's, albeit on a very short 50km ride, and they just didn't seem to inspire confidence during the high speed descent. They seem to lack grip in the turns as I've always felt the front end jitter during the turns. Can't comment on long term durability, but during that short ride, the rear tire got a small cut on the sidewall.

I did the same ride the next day using Veloflex Extreme and it was a night and day difference. One thing to consider, these are my go to tires in all conditions, so I have lots of time and kms on these. The decent was much more predictable while I was able to navigate the turns exactly how I wanted to. Could come down to experience with the tires, but my friend said the exact same thing when we swapped wheels each day.

So there you have it, I would recommend the Veloflex Extreme tires. Significant weight penalty in your case, but worth the change due to the superior performance. My Veloflex Extreme tires weigh between 218- 228g for reference of what weight penalty you might incur.

Cheers.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

tsali4224

by tsali4224

Great info! I have experience on the tufo 215's and they were okay at best. When it actually comes to race time I would sacrifice the weight for the cornering and descending grip...unless I'm just doing a hill climb. If I may ask, what pressure do you run and how much do you weigh?
Vuong05 wrote:I've ridden the Tufo's, albeit on a very short 50km ride, and they just didn't seem to inspire confidence during the high speed descent. They seem to lack grip in the turns as I've always felt the front end jitter during the turns. Can't comment on long term durability, but during that short ride, the rear tire got a small cut on the sidewall.

I did the same ride the next day using Veloflex Extreme and it was a night and day difference. One thing to consider, these are my go to tires in all conditions, so I have lots of time and kms on these. The decent was much more predictable while I was able to navigate the turns exactly how I wanted to. Could come down to experience with the tires, but my friend said the exact same thing when we swapped wheels each day.

So there you have it, I would recommend the Veloflex Extreme tires. Significant weight penalty in your case, but worth the change due to the superior performance. My Veloflex Extreme tires weigh between 218- 228g for reference of what weight penalty you might incur.

Cheers.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

I just punctured mine tufo 160 all the time. But i´m kinda heavy with around 90kg
A friend of mine who weighs around 60kg rode tufo 160 for some years and even raced with them and they worked well for him.

I got over to Veloflex as well and had the Servizio Corse for some years and just loved them. More comfy and felt faster and saver in cornering.
To bad they do not make the 19mm tire anymore as they were perfect for my taste.
Now i´m waiting for some dugast strada silk and hope that they will be nice an last for some time.

I´ve got the Zipp 300 on my bike and toke the painting off of them. Was about 15g - maybe would be the same on your Zipp.
Did you know about the carbonclambs for the brakelevers? See that your levers are stock, they clambs would save you some weight without compromising anything.

I really know that kinda cloudy feeling. Love this feeling, people who never ridden a bike that light can not see this and the nice thing is that it feels more and more extreme you more weight the bike looses :)

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

Hi Jeremiah, care to provide an update on your Addict??

4.5kg is indeed amazing....

Cheers