Action - pictures !

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mentok

by mentok

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that that bike probably gets you laid often - am i right?

mentok

by mentok

Tinea Pedis wrote:From the Stage 2 TT in the Tour de Perth

Road bikes, no TT bars allowed but a disk and helmet.

why the "no tt bars" rule?

a friend of mine raced the tour de perth, he came in ~30th in the TT. he's a young, tiny guy but his power output for the 26-27 minutes on course was ridiculous. made me wince with pain and i'm like 20kg heavier than him.

It seems to me that there's a pretty broad spread of talent from the top to the bottom of the NRS. the top guys are just that much better than the rest of the field. of the east coast guys that I know, some of them are really quick at club level but seem to be a fair way off the pace against the big boys. interesting series though, i'll be paying attention all year and watching the coverage on SBS.

will your team be doing every round? seems like a lot of travelling, including a few remote places which can't be cheap. as an outsider looking in, it seems like a bit more racing around the capital cities might make things a bit cheaper for competitors?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JamieL

by JamieL

End of the cold weather. think it was up to 32C at the weekend. Just 2 weeks after racing through snow flurries in the UK.

Tour of Madiran. Two stages on the same day. Morning was short and proper fast. It's not so often that the average is above 43kph racing in UFOLEP. Afternoon was hot and hilly but everyone was a bit wiped out from the morning. Got in the right break again :). Came home with 18 bottles of wine. :lol:

Stage 1 Depart

Nicely strung out peloton - the guy at the front is the French champion in UFOLEP

In the right break

Coming in to the finish :mrgreen:

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Congrats Jamie :-)
Official cafe stop tester

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

mentok wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:From the Stage 2 TT in the Tour de Perth

Road bikes, no TT bars allowed but a disk and helmet.

why the "no tt bars" rule?

a friend of mine raced the tour de perth, he came in ~30th in the TT. he's a young, tiny guy but his power output for the 26-27 minutes on course was ridiculous. made me wince with pain and i'm like 20kg heavier than him.

It seems to me that there's a pretty broad spread of talent from the top to the bottom of the NRS. the top guys are just that much better than the rest of the field. of the east coast guys that I know, some of them are really quick at club level but seem to be a fair way off the pace against the big boys. interesting series though, i'll be paying attention all year and watching the coverage on SBS.

will your team be doing every round? seems like a lot of travelling, including a few remote places which can't be cheap. as an outsider looking in, it seems like a bit more racing around the capital cities might make things a bit cheaper for competitors?

Not sure on why no clip-on bars, to me it seems it was to keep the playing field a little more level.

The top guys really are a level above. I'm going to bite my tongue on some other aspects of it, but the top boys really really do mean business. Same as any sport really.

We won't be doing the whole NRS, don't have the budget for it. And there's more to racing well at national level than having a good club level palmares (as I am quickly discovering).

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Won my cat 3 race this past weekend, attacked when we caught the first break with 35 to go and passed the line 4:21 up on the pack. Making the dumb face because I was trying to smirk but I was pretty tired

Routier

by Routier

I think it's time you let someone else get a win, Jamie! This may be a daft question but do you feel there's any resentment from the French when a rosbif keeps on winning 'their' races?

JamieL

by JamieL

At the moment i think it's OK... I was strong at the beginning of last year and then as the temperatures warmed up i dropped back. I should probably move up to race in French Federation races but there's a fair bit of paperwork to sort out and i'm leaving France in July so i can't really be bothered.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

mentok wrote:i'm going to go out on a limb and say that that bike probably gets you laid often - am i right?

Ranks right up there with "the chicks are going to dig my twelvth level Fighter/Wizard" as one of the most misguided sentiments about the female psyche.

But it is a nice bike...

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

My mate found his wife on World of Warcraft.

True story.

There is someone for everyone.

My riding certainly doesn't score me girls though :(

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Tinea Pedis wrote:My mate found his wife on World of Warcraft.

True story.

There is someone for everyone.

My riding certainly doesn't score me girls though :(

Leviathan

by Leviathan

pics or it didnt happen.

GASer

by GASer

well, the photographer was a female...
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

renoracing

by renoracing

jmilliron wrote:Image

Road race yesterday had a gnarly 4.5 mile gravel section. Got 7th out of 52.

Jason you're everywhere! haha...
I was going to post a very similar photo as jmilliron, but seeing as I'm in his photo, I'll just go with that... I'm sitting 4th wheel in that picture, white jersey sticking my head off to the side to check out the proceedings. Our break stuck and I ended up making a move with 200m to go for the win. Great race! The gravel section just shattered the field. Loved it!
So instead I'll throw this one up... This is from the Tahoe 8hour MTB race last year. Won the single-speed category with 85 miles, 7500 feet of climbing in 7h28m. Bike was my rigid titanium belt drive, had it down to 20.2lbs in the photo!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Ha! Nice! I'm doing Boggs 8hr mtb race in a few weeks. Stoked.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon