Shops don't want my money - Am Classic Micro 58 20h

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattjevans

by mattjevans

I want to buy a 20h am classic micro 58 using paypal funds. Can't find anywhere in the UK selling these that also takes paypal. Anyone knowing different please point me that way!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigismond0

by sigismond0

Ebay?

mattjevans

by mattjevans

nope

sigismond0

by sigismond0

I'm not following you, what do you mean nope? Nope because you don't want to use eBay or nope because you can't find one there? Or do you mean you're trying to find a physical brick and mortar store to go to to buy one with Paypal?

Wookieopolis

by Wookieopolis

Transfer Paypal funds to your bank account and then buy the hub where ever you please?

CrimsonKarter21

by CrimsonKarter21

Paypal credit card so you don't lose bank fees? It's not that nobody wants your money, it's that the small profit that anyone makes on an Am. Classic hub isn't worth the hassle of not only the paypal fees, but also being responsible for the hub when the tiny bearings go, building the wheel, responsibility for someone else building the wheel, and the consumer's idea that EVERYTHING is a warranty problem, etc.

ergott

by ergott

CrimsonKarter21 wrote:it's that the small profit that anyone makes on an Am. Classic hub

It's funny because cost of production on the Micro is something like $4-5. I'm not exaggerating.

CrimsonKarter21

by CrimsonKarter21

I thought you meant that from a completely left-field, never-been-in-retail-before viewpoint until I saw that you're a wheelbuilder.

Anyways, you're right; they cost so little to make, but all those other costs factor into it. It's like asking how much a Boeing 777 cost an airline to buy, and then trying to negotiate ticket prices based on that.

:EDIT: And you have a Skeletor too, good man.

mattjevans

by mattjevans

Nope to ebay because there are none. Would happily buy one from ebay.

Really want to just pay using my paypal funds because that is "my" money, but once it goes into the bank account it somehow magically becomes my wifes money and I have to explain and justify the purchase...

Maybe I'll just buy a Dati

sigismond0

by sigismond0

I see at least four of them on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ame ... rom=&_ipg=
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw= ... b&_sacat=0

They are international for you though, so I can see why you might not want to get them there.

mattjevans

by mattjevans

I obviously did a poor ebay search as only the 28 hole from "the pros closet" came up for me. I'm happy to buy international but I'm not going to pay more than double the UK price. Those hubs are £50 here, the shipped price on those ebay versions is £120 ish

Looks like Dati or a fight with the wife are the options

ergott

by ergott

mattjevans wrote:once it goes into the bank account it somehow magically becomes my wifes money and I have to explain and justify the purchase...

So true.

mattjevans

by mattjevans

If my wife ever reads weight weenies I'm for it. Thankfully, most unlikely

Svetty

by Svetty

Deceit is hardly the best basis for a marriage. Come clean, transfer the funds and suggest she can also get herself something she really wants if she raises objections.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattjevans

by mattjevans

Great suggestion. You're either single or only have one bike with one set of wheels... (Jk)