Saddle Rattling, Help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CamMancuso

by CamMancuso

I have a fizik antares with kium rails and am having an issue with it rattling on rough roads when I am out of the saddle. I swapped over to my Antares VS that was on my track bike and no rattle so it is definitely the saddle nothing else. Would like to use it again on the track (color scheme matches my track bike better than it did on the road). I'd rather not shell out any more money on a saddle, anybody have any recommendations to fix the problem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

This may be too obvious but did you check the plastic plug Fizik puts in there for their integrated tail light?

wojchiech

by wojchiech

^ this

put a piece of electric tape over the top of the ICS clip groove, or just remove it completely if not using it for a light/bag

CamMancuso

by CamMancuso

The plug is already gone, I removed it as I was using a fizik saddle bag with the ics clip. Rattles with and without the saddle bag.

rijndael

by rijndael

Is it rattling where the two rails come together, in the nose of the saddle? If so, a shot of silicone spray may help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CamMancuso

by CamMancuso

rijndael wrote:Is it rattling where the two rails come together, in the nose of the saddle? If so, a shot of silicone spray may help.

I'll try doing that today, I haven't really located exactly where the rattling is coming from in the saddle