the pros on Lightweight list

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Another pro: Niki Aebersold, now in Phonak team

Here in 2001

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Just find a new pro on the list, Kim Kirchen... It looks like he has stolen LJ's Dogma 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

bergit hollmann

Boonen

by Boonen

How about Zakeen and Simon from our forum, or do they qualify as top amateurs in stead of pro's?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Simon finished in the top 30 at a race won by Nijs. He was 3 places ahead of the top American. I'd say thats pro.

Ridley

by Ridley

He was mentioned by Michel Wuyts (belgian commentator), he's definately pro :wink:

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Boonen wrote:How about Zakeen and Simon from our forum, or do they qualify as top amateurs in stead of pro's?

Off course these top riders and weight weenie members are able to join the list!! It would be great to have pictures of both Zakeen and Simon in action on their Lightweights. :D

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

didn't zakeen get rid of his LWs?

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

520 Dan wrote:didn't zakeen get rid of his LWs?

No, Ive got two front wheels and 1 rear. plus I have the ventoux on order :wink:

But due to sponsorship problems this year, I only used them for 2 or 3 races. So I dont think there are any photos of me on them. Out of those 2 or 3 races, I crack one of the wheels :( .

Next year I can ride them as I wish, so I will have standard LWs for every little race and for the bigger races I will use the new LWV. :)

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

How could I forget... Franz Stocher:

Roel W

by Roel W

Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum.
I think I found someone who is not on the list: Romans Vainsteins.
I took these pictures on a sunday morning in 2004 at the start place of the Amstel Gold Race in Maastricht. He was checking the list with the hills of the race so his face is not so recognizable.
On the original picture, you can clearly see that he overpainted the Lightweight decals.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Roel W wrote:Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum.
I think I found someone who is not on the list: Romans Vainsteins.
I took these pictures on a sunday morning in 2004 at the start place of the Amstel Gold Race in Maastricht. He was checking the list with the hills of the race so his face is not so recognizable.
On the original picture, you can clearly see that he overpainted the Lightweight decals.

Thx Roel W, very nice pictures. Indeed, they actually overpainted the LW logo (can see it on the front wheel of the second picture)! :shock:

Funny old fashioned pedals he has there, and nice DeFeet socks. :lol:

big fellow

by big fellow

zakeen wrote:But due to sponsorship problems this year, I only used them for 2 or 3 races. So I dont think there are any photos of me on them. Out of those 2 or 3 races, I crack one of the wheels :( .

Next year I can ride them as I wish, so I will have standard LWs for every little race and for the bigger races I will use the new LWV. :)

out of interest, how did you crack the wheel?

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

big fellow wrote:
zakeen wrote:But due to sponsorship problems this year, I only used them for 2 or 3 races. So I dont think there are any photos of me on them. Out of those 2 or 3 races, I crack one of the wheels :( .

out of interest, how did you crack the wheel?

No idea, just noticed it between two stages. It looked like that I hit something hard(which I didnt!) and the tire pushed the bed of carbon(that the tire sits on) into the rim. Thats the only way I could see it happen. But I was 1000% sure I didnt hit anything.

Trek OCLV

by Trek OCLV

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Just find a new pro on the list, Kim Kirchen... It looks like he has stolen LJ's Dogma 8)

that aint a dogma Samuel. thats a prince :wink:
Trek OCLV

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com