2013 Cannondale EVO Hi-Mod Frame Quality Control Issue!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

VTBike

by VTBike

That issue totally sucks -- but I think you need to chill out. No matter what product you buy, ever, there will be some people that get units that aren't perfect.. Same thing happens on $100k automobiles. What matters is whether they fix it or not. If they don't fix it, then come and rant.. but until then, just relax and hope for the best.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Andrew69

by Andrew69

sigismond0 wrote:Cannondale tends to be very good about frame replacement, up to the point of replacing a years-out-of-production frame that's developed a defect.

Maybe if you are in the states, but I can tell that if you are on the other side of the world, they dont care at all until government departments force them to replace faulty frames.

giant man

by giant man

Any news on this Boralb? I'm interested if Cannondale will do anything ....

Boralb

by Boralb

giant man wrote:Any news on this Boralb? I'm interested if Cannondale will do anything ....

According to my dealer, Cannondale has approved for the replacement.(on Friday)
My dealer has asked Cannondale for adding my replacement frameset to their next week shipment.
If they do, it will take about 1 month for the arrival.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

A month? How come it takes so long?

giant man

by giant man

At least they're doing something, so it's a month's wait, no big deal imo, could be worse ....

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

giant man wrote:At least they're doing something, so it's a month's wait, no big deal imo, could be worse ....

I could understand it being a long wait in june or july when 2013 stock is sold through and 2014 is yet to arrive. But this is spring.

In 20 years I have never kept a customer waiting for that long for a warranty replacement. Never.

If he was in the UK he would be entitled to a full refund under the Sale Of Goods Act. Not fit for the purpose. End of.

I think his dealer is the issue rather than Cannondale. They failed to spot the defect in the PDI to begin with, and piddled about trying to "fix" an issue that any newly qualified mechanic could spot at 100 yards.

rmerka

by rmerka

ultimobici wrote:
giant man wrote:At least they're doing something, so it's a month's wait, no big deal imo, could be worse ....

I could understand it being a long wait in june or july when 2013 stock is sold through and 2014 is yet to arrive. But this is spring.

In 20 years I have never kept a customer waiting for that long for a warranty replacement. Never.

If he was in the UK he would be entitled to a full refund under the Sale Of Goods Act. Not fit for the purpose. End of.

I think his dealer is the issue rather than Cannondale. They failed to spot the defect in the PDI to begin with, and piddled about trying to "fix" an issue that any newly qualified mechanic could spot at 100 yards.

Agree 100% Maybe they're sending the frame by Pony Express.

eric

by eric

Slow boat from China.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

I warrantied an EVO in Jan. A replacement frame wouldn't have been available until May. Shop gave me another EVO off the floor. Different color and lighter frame.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Yeah, blame it on the PDI mechanic.

I bet you next time, you'll look over that purchase a little closer before you fork over that hard earned cash. A road test is just that, the final QC that looks at things in a different light [without saving the company money]. Glad things worked out, too bad not in a timely manner.

giant man

by giant man

I don't think one month is that bad from a major manufacturer personally.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

giant man wrote:I don't think one month is that bad from a major manufacturer personally.

You are a rare, rare kind of customer. One who doesn't expect everything NOW.

To be honest though, Specialized UK are normally under a week as are Trek and Cannondale in my experience. 9 times out of 10 delays are initially down to how good the shop are at looking after their customer's interests.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

:goodpost:

I think this is "spot on".
Last edited by carbon2329 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

afalts

by afalts

In Canada it is more like 9 time out of 10 that it takes longer than a week with Cannondale. I have worked at a shop that sells Cannondale for over 5 years now, if they have the frame in-stock it's there quick, but rarely do they have the right colour/size in stock. One of my co-workers waited 3 months for a warranty supersix only to have a different colour shipped out, and no fork to match. Eventually did get the fork after some phone calls.

I've had Cannondale MTB's the past 4 years and each of the 3 warranties I've had with them have taken over a month.