Aero or Nero (not aero) ? (New bike frame)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Which of these bikes?

Cervelo S5
15%
S Works Venge
13%
Madone 7.9
15%
Time ZXRS Ulteam
14%
BMC TMR01
25%
MCipollini RB1000
18%

Total votes: 79

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Chose the bike that's best for you, not what people on the internet voted for.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stang1

by stang1

Thanks for all the comments and input guys, I will be checking around.

prendrefeu wrote:Chose the bike that's best for you, not what people on the internet voted for.

Thanks, I really am stuck to your saying, I know not every bike suits everyone, but its one of those things I would love to get my things short listed to. I would not have an opportunity to test ride them all , especially being a rotational shift worker. More importantly, most shops here do not allow me to test ride the bikes, and will only arrive after putting down a firm deposit, meaning its mine to be dealth with be it I love or I simply do not adore the ride quality. But having it short listed with pro's/con's will make my life alot easier . The poll consists of bikes I would like to have/choose for addition to my own stable. Any of them if be it fitting, will be my new bike :thumbup:

MrHeng

by MrHeng

Why not u consider the giant propel or storck aernario? :D

dynaserve

by dynaserve

justkeepedaling wrote:The S5 is definitely the most aero bike in this list. If it's all about speed on the flats, that'd be the go to for me

I'd like to agree, but the BMC TMR01 looks fast and I have not seen any aero data for this bike anywhere.

stang1

by stang1

dynaserve wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:The S5 is definitely the most aero bike in this list. If it's all about speed on the flats, that'd be the go to for me

I'd like to agree, but the BMC TMR01 looks fast and I have not seen any aero data for this bike anywhere.

It would be interesting too. Why doesnt BMC provide any data? :noidea:

spatz

by spatz

Wait and get the updated R5 aero frame set based on the RCa mold coming out soon. Having played around w the RCa the past couple weeks getting the reasonably priced R5 Cervelo in its new "aero" form, should be fantastic and will no doubt be destined for multiple awards in 2014 etc.

User Name

by User Name

How aero (or not) is the old carbon Soloist? I just bought one.

NGMN

by NGMN

I'd wager more aero than most of whats being called "aero" nowadays, like the new Trek, BMC and Foil; and really its the same as the S2 in shape and that has proven itself in many aero tests. There is little substitute for thin, airfoil shaped tubes when you want a truly aero bike.

kode54

by kode54

MrHeng wrote:Why not u consider the giant propel or storck aernario? :D

+1 on the Aernario.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

User Name

by User Name

Thanks, NGMN

elviento

by elviento

The poll is presumably taken with the assumption that all will fit fine, but they are all very different bikes fit wise. The RB1000 will look aweful unless you have a huge drop. So I'd narrow the list by ruling out those that won't fit you well.

Madone got my vote thanks to the different head tube lengths offered and Kamm design, a clever way to combine comfort with aero.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

ichobi

by ichobi

spatz wrote:Wait and get the updated R5 aero frame set based on the RCa mold coming out soon. Having played around w the RCa the past couple weeks getting the reasonably priced R5 Cervelo in its new "aero" form, should be fantastic and will no doubt be destined for multiple awards in 2014 etc.

That one would be a real killer providing it comes with a pleasing paintjob.

User Name

by User Name

Does anyone else think it's a little funny that the very company who are credited with inventing the road compact, and pimped the virtues for so long, have brought out a frame with a horizontal top tube (coz it's apparently more aero)? :thumbup:

NGMN

by NGMN

kode54 wrote:
MrHeng wrote:Why not u consider the giant propel or storck aernario? :D

+1 on the Aernario.

so your vote is for not aero then?
:lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

User Name wrote:Does anyone else think it's a little funny that the very company who are credited with inventing the road compact, and pimped the virtues for so long, have brought out a frame with a horizontal top tube (coz it's apparently more aero)?

I'm actually not sure whether top tube shaping makes a difference - the Venge has a sloping one instead. Anyway, this is Giant's first aero bike, and all their other compact frames weren't touted to give aero advantages.