probikekit.com

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kac

by kac

I have ordered Campagnolo Record 10-speed parts from them and found the prices far less than domestic (US) competition, even with the postage included. I had no problems whatsoever. Having stated that, I've had the absolute best internet purchase experiences with Competitive Cyclist (but they no longer carry Campagnolo 10-speed components).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

I've purchased a few thing from there. I've purchased 3 sets of look pedals there over the years because its even cheaper than wholesale prices in the US. Shipping was so-so, but since it was coming over seas, I figured it would take a week or two.

andyhunter

by andyhunter

They can delivery fast or you can wait a fair bit compared to others.
They have been bought over by the hut group, got an email today apparently there moving into a bigger premises and processing should be faster.

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

I just bought a set of bibs from PBK, that were $139 USD from online retailers here, and $93 USD, there. I also bought a bunch of there house brand jerseys, right around Xmas, when they were $27 USD. Good stuff, and if you can wait for it, it's usually worth it.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

kevhogaz wrote:I just bought a set of bibs from PBK, that were $139 USD from online retailers here, and $93 USD, there. I also bought a bunch of there house brand jerseys, right around Xmas, when they were $27 USD. Good stuff, and if you can wait for it, it's usually worth it.

I found the same savings using them versus any domestic (US) vendor. Saved about $10 for a set of 3d-ride bibs. Since I have the luxury of patience, I can wait the two weeks to receive them. Their prices on Conti tires, however, cannot be beat by anyone. New 4000S's for that price? I'm surprised US shops don't shop from them!

Jmeloy

by Jmeloy

Bought a group set on sale and it was a good deal.

geedawg

by geedawg

Looks like they just got acquired and already a lot of prices have gone up

engi

by engi

Bought tires from them. Good prices on GP4000s. First time shipping took a while, second time was much faster.

russianbear

by russianbear

Just got some open corsa cx's (new ones) for 75/pair (the 25s). Should be here any day.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Shipping to north east USA took 3 weeks. Once it finally arrived they forgot part of the order. A few emails exchanged so far. No concrete solution. Yet to be seen how they follow up. Not my online shop of choice given the wait delay and the mistakes to correct... added upon the lengthy distribution channel. I'm sure PBK is great for some. But not myself in my current location.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

boysa

by boysa

Shipping to USA east coast routinely 10 working days for me. FWIW, when I lived in Norcal it was only 4!
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

russianbear

by russianbear

I also get little gels/sport gummies/electrolyte mix samples with every order for free.

Squint

by Squint

Placed a tire order on 4/8, received tracking info on 4/10, checked the tracking info today and it said it was delivered today (4/16). This was with free shipping to the west coast.

ar500

by ar500

I'm having a terrible experience waiting for delivery of a Fulcrum Racing Zero wheelset from PBK -- I'm located in the US (California). FYI the order was under $700 and I understand the threshold for import duty to be $800. I placed my order on July 6th and in my confirmation email the delivery estimate was July 17-18th. The website also clearly states that standard shipping is 3-8 days. So far I haven't received my wheels and the shipping tracking info hasn't updated since July 10th.

10/07/2017 13:09:00 ROUTED TO DESTINATION
07/07/2017 11:09:16 TRAKPAK PROCESS CENTRE UK
06/07/2017 17:02:17 DEPARTED The Hut Group

When I use the alternative USPS tracking number I get these updates

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
July 10, 2017, 1:09 pm Processed Through Facility AMSTERDAM INTERNATIONAL MAIL CENT, NETHERLANDS
July 7, 2017, 2:13 pm Acceptance NETHERLANDS

I've reached out to their customer service repeatedly and they haven't been able to provide any help in regard to the lack of tracking updates. I filed a missing package complain with USPS who looked in to the matter and said that the package must still be with the UK carrier because even if it were held up in customs USPS would have scanned it on its way in.

I cant tell if the package is legitimately lost or just on some extremely slow trip in to the US but I find it hard to believe that after 2 weeks with no updates it still wouldn't have reached the US given the 3-8 day delivery policy. Does anyone have any relatable experiences or recommendations? I'm considering raising this with my bank and requesting a chargeback.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

Morning of the 7th its in the UK
Afternoon of the 7th its in the Netherlands.

By USPS own tracking it is no longer in the UK so not with a UK Carrier. What did PBK's customer support actually say to you?