1 x 10 spiderless chainring options

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

WolfTooth

by WolfTooth

Is is definitely on our list once we get supply stabilized and we can keep up with more of the existing demand.
We will use facebook to keep you all up to date on new chainring designs and availability for things like this, the Lightning Specialized, CX (oops, did I write that), etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

I am sure the guys at Fibre-Lyte could make this for you. They have made me several that I am still using and they made them fit my older FSA cranks that had the removable spiders. I have used them on single speed builds and I will be using the 32t in my new 29er project.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I would much prefer an XX1-like chainring, I'd like to be able to ride without a chainguide.

BmanX

by BmanX

I have never ridden with a chainguide ever while using my 32t spiderless chainring in single speed, 1 X 10 MTB and 1 X 10 road set up with 44t chainring. I think the loss of chain while running 1 X ?? is greatly over exaggerated.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Weeeeell maybe. But I won't risk it in a race :)

WolfTooth

by WolfTooth

Hey BmanX,
You are right when riding on relatively calm trails. However, we have done a lot of testing and underpinned the key contributors to chain drops. We have found areas on local trails where chains drop and we have Pro riders (world wide) that have found areas where chains drop without the wide/narrow design. Basically, like Marsbar said, it comes down to the risk you are willing to take. If only casual riding, chain drops are only a matter of annoyance. What I can promise is that once you go w/ our drop stop rings and a clutch rear der, riding will never be quiter, more secure and lighter!!!!

robgall13

by robgall13

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/works- ... -267-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another spiderless option for SRAM cranks with the XX1 style ring! Great if you're in the Europe (they're based in the UK) as you don't have to pay import charges on rings from Wolf Tooth or someone.

jooo

by jooo

@robgall13 - any idea when they ship?

edit: I see late April but wonder if that's still the case?

robgall13

by robgall13

On this page it says in 4 days time... Can't wait for mine!

http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/works- ... -270-p.asp