Fuji Altamira geo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AGW

by AGW

Well, apparently my frame arrived in 2 pieces. Last of the '12 closeouts in my size so... there goes that.

There's a shop here that I hadn't previously checked out, but they sized me up on a very nice Focus frame. I think I'm going to go that route once I decide between the Cayo Evo and Izalco. Perhaps it was meant to be?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 113245

Frame broke in shipping?!

AGW

by AGW

I guess it was lined up with some other bikes in various stages of assembly and the whole row toppled. Somehow my seat stay took a fatal hit. When they called to tell me, it sounded like they were telling me a loved one had died. In the end I'm out no money, but I was initially really bummed. They were very nice about it, but I wasn't interested in anything else they carried besides those Altamira closeouts, so I just felt like cutting my losses and bidding them farewell.

Anyway, my Thursday morning worlds is led by a guy who's shop I've never actually been in until today. He and the owner (co-owner?) were very accommodating and I'll be doing some business with them soon. Gallery thread to come!

roadytracky

by roadytracky

I went through 3 Altamiras before finally getting a refund from Performance. I think everything worked out just fine for you. Giving business to a fellow rider is a great added bonus. Good luck with your next bike.