Pegoretti Marcelo v De Rosa Titanio

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lafolie

by Lafolie

I have been hankering after an Italian hand made frame for ages. I have now narrowed my choice to either a De Rosa Titanio or a Pegoretti Marcelo. I would be grateful for some feedback on either or both frames. Many thanks.

Liggero

by Liggero

Pegoretti for me, but hey, i´m not you. Pictures of the De Rosa? is it custom fit? Marcelone is in stainless steel? If the marcelo is not stainless steel, i may choose the de rosa titanium.
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jmeloy

by Jmeloy

Peg Marcelo owner who really enjoys the ride. Very predictable, particularly if things get sketchy. Smooth and fast. Not as light as my other ride but I realize that I. Never notice it on the road. And Dario is a trip to speak with!

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I personally believe the Pegoretti is more desirable...

LionelB

by LionelB

+1 on the Peg. And no the Marcelo is not SS.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

thanks guys

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Pic of the Titanio

giant man

by giant man

DeRosa? Are you kidding? i would take a Pegoretti any day over any DeRosa .....

cerro

by cerro

Pegoretti, a class over De Rosa

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Thats a nice DeRosa for sure!

Maybe DeRosa need to get in touch with Rapha as the flick below makes me want to go Pegoretti all the way...

http://www.rapha.cc/of-steel

c50jim

by c50jim

There really hasn't been much real feedback about the qualities of the two frames. I have a Responsorium and had a DeRosa Endurace for a long time. Neither is quite what the original post is about but they are from the same builders and I'll try to point out some things I've noticed in many km of riding them.

For me, one of the big attractions of a Peg is that it's one of the few Italian frames still built by the person whose name is on the downtube. However, i recall the the DeRosa ti used to be built by one of the sons. If that's still true, it would increase the desirability of that DeRosa model.

Pegoretti paint jobs are unusual to say the least and one of the key selling points for me.

Both bikes have typical rock solid Italian handling at speed but I'd classify the Peg as more responsive to small inputs whereas the DeRosa is easy to ride all day long with no hands on the bars.

gravity

by gravity

c50jim wrote:Neither is quite what the original post is about but they are from the same builders and I'll try to point out some things I've noticed in many km of riding them.

However, i recall the the DeRosa ti used to be built by one of the sons. If that's still true, it would increase the desirability of that DeRosa model.

Pegoretti paint jobs are unusual to say the least and one of the key selling points for me.

Can you elaborate more on the "they are from the same builders" please? Are implying that Dario used to build for De Rosa?

Do you know who is building the other De Rosas frame? Particularly the Corum? It is priced pretty reasonably, makes me think it's actually hand built in Taiwan. Hope it is not tho..

I'm all into custom steel, but I notice that nowadays, people are more into buying the 'paint job' rather than the actual craftsmanship and experience.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Yes you are correct...Dorian De Rosa still makes it

Some nice pics of him making it

http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.c ... -rosa.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ride-Fly

by Ride-Fly

De rosa for me. Pegs don't do it for me.