"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

So I just watched the end of yesterdays race and can't seem to find the "wheel sucking leech" part :noidea:

ave

by ave

stella-azzurra wrote:You don't want a super light bike for P-R which is flat with a million pot holes.

Appears to be quite flat, but according to Ted King's Strava data it still contains 1500m of climbing. That's quite a bit even for such a long distance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Relatively speaking it's flat.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Greg VA is cool. he's a very down-to-earth kind of guy and diligent to his task. I'd like to see him win a couple races. He's so often close, but just not enough in the end. And yea, he's very consistent performance-wise.

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

petepeterson wrote:re funny helmets

:beerchug:

wingguy

by wingguy

ave wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:You don't want a super light bike for P-R which is flat with a million pot holes.

Appears to be quite flat, but according to Ted King's Strava data it still contains 1500m of climbing. That's quite a bit even for such a long distance.

"Ascent" on a rolling profile isn't the same as climbing, and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if that total is a strava glitch. Look at the ride profile - the single biggest climb, by some margin, is 235ft @ 2.3%. It's not inducing any altitude sickness.

KWalker

by KWalker

Why is Euskatel a World Tour team still? They don't win anything, often have riders who come out as dopers or get caught, and treat most races they're not good at, such as P-R, as a complete joke. Why even bother giving the spots they don't seem to want. I realize the $$$ is there, but not sure how the points can be.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Like how he gets his head into the drumming a bit too!

ilvwhtgrls wrote:

Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

davidalone

by davidalone

SolidSnake03 wrote:Like how he gets his head into the drumming a bit too!

ilvwhtgrls wrote:

any idea who the drummer and drum-ee are? and what race this was from?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

davidalone wrote:
any idea who the drummer and drum-ee are? and what race this was from?

luca paolini - katusha
bernie eisel - sky
race - schelderprijs 2013

WillR

by WillR

KWalker wrote:Why is Euskatel a World Tour team still? They don't win anything, often have riders who come out as dopers or get caught, and treat most races they're not good at, such as P-R, as a complete joke. Why even bother giving the spots they don't seem to want. I realize the $$$ is there, but not sure how the points can be.

I totally agree with you here. I imagine there are a few Pro Tour Teams that would prefer to miss out on some of the Classics. They get nothing out of it apart from laying down a lot of £££ in kit, logistics etc. I say they let them opt out of some races and open it up to a few more wild cards. It would be good for the evelopment of the sport and some teams.

KWalker

by KWalker

I'm struggling to think of other teams that do it this blatantly though. Maybe Movistar?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

If I was a pro team i would want to enter as many race as I could. The chances of winning increase.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

maquisard

by maquisard

Unfortunately you have to manage the logistics of getting riders, equipment and support to those races. That is often the biggest cost and headache. Particularly if you don't have riders who excel in that type of racing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I am sure the teams have a plan and budget and know which races they can attend before the season starts.