The NEW Weight Weenie Kit Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Clothing manufacturers

Louis Garneau
51%
Pactimo
10%
Champion System
39%

Total votes: 79

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

btompkins0112 wrote:If we wanted to be true to the WW spirit, we would do an all black kit with ghosted graphics. :sarcasm:
If you wanted to be true to the true WW spirit, you'd choose the lightest weight* articles.

* The only legitimate debate would be if there were one option which was lighter when dry, but another option which retained less moisture and was lighter in system weight upon use in sweating or wet conditions.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I raced Pactimo last year and still ride their summit pro bibs and ascent skinsuit sometimes. The 2012+ jerseys are cut a lot nicer than previous IMO and the sleeves don't pinch so much. I was a fan of the bibs at first but honestly - they don't hold my... valuables... in a very good position (ever) and they're the only shorts I've ever developed a saddle sore while wearing. I'd actually rate the Ascent chamois higher from a comfort standpoint (the skinsuit is quite comfy).

All of that said; my vote wouldn't likely be to them. I've got a tri buddy who's raced Pactimo and Champion and was extremely dissatisfied with his last Pactimo order.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Vote Louis Garneau. Last version was great for hot weather hillclimbs, but didn't take pins well. I loved the low mass, but perhaps slightly more durable cloth would work better for more general use. Thanks for running with this!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

sjc166

by sjc166

Like the idea! My vote is Champion System and I see they have offices in many different places around the world. If you went with CS, could a design be submitted at one location (U.S for example) and them made and dispatched locally? Just a thought

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

I've added the Poll and voted for Champ Sys.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

system787

by system787

I'm in! Excited for this.

Rick

by Rick

My team kits for the past two years were Champ-Sys. Really good, high-quality stuff. I actually prefer the regular chamois to the "premium" chamois, whatever they call it.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I agree.....the 'premium' chamois is a bit too thick for my taste.

djconnel

by djconnel

Champion is okay, in my experience. I'd definitely buy it: it fits well, but it feels a bit cheap. The artwork scales with size (since it's digitally printed) which is a plus. But my vote went with Louis-Garneau.

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

Would prefer Champion System out of the three
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

djconnel wrote:Champion is okay, in my experience. I'd definitely buy it: it fits well, but it feels a bit cheap. The artwork scales with size (since it's digitally printed) which is a plus. But my vote went with Louis-Garneau.

You know that you can revote in this poll DJ?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

If there is genuine interest for a group of weenies to buy this kit, I am certain I can get us better prices through my friends at Verge Sport.

http://vergesport.com/custom_products#tag0

Here is their regular price list. http://vergesport.com/download/Verge_Sport_Bike_Collection_2011_Pricing_V1.pdf

campbellrae

by campbellrae

My vote goes with LG on this one. Only Champion Systems stuff I have used the pockets were way too high on the back for me.

djconnel

by djconnel

By high pockets do you mean the bottom of the pockets are also too high or the pockets are too deep?
I had a discussion with Voler on this topic. On small jerseys they claim the top of the pockets need to be low to accomodate a range of shoulder flexibilities/arm lengths. But then the pockets are so small I can barely fit a wind vest, let alone a long-sleeve jacket, in them. Add arm warmers and god forbid a phone and you've barely got room for a few bars.

The Verge connection sounds good. I'm not sure what you mean by "genuine interest". I think if we sell 20 of these that will be a really good result, considering last time.

Huge thanks to Szczuldo for doing the heavy lifting on this one, though: Trying to make a choice which makes everyone happy is rarely possible, so at some point a decision is made and you move ahead. Whatever the choice, I'm in.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

The whole pocket sat too high on my back, although I am pretty tall so it's normally a problem, it just felt even more so with that jersey. So I guess I mean that the bottom of the pockets are also too high.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com