"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Sagan stayed seated and just pulled Van Avermaet in. Then rode away from the rest of the group except Gilbert who could barely hold his wheel; then he out sprinted him after pulling the whole time. AND MADE IT LOOK EASY.
Last edited by shoopdawoop on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

prendrefeu wrote:Timo, probably someone associated with Le Dopage.

Probably, but for example Omega Pharma - Quickstep has a medical staff with a huge doping history, but the team website gives Ibarguren, Van Mol and Riepenhof complete with photos. Radioshack seems to go through quite some trouble to shield their doctors from the media, they list everybody down to the cook and the busdriver on their website but not the doctors, which makes me very curious but google doesn't help either.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Wadl

by Wadl

You guys spoke about the drunk spectators running in front of the racers earlier in the thread...

I am wondering, can someone explain to me what is the mentality behind this behavior ?? we see it all the time at the top of a big climb for example... every times, my girlfriend is just chocked to see this and she just hate the spectator and she asked me why in hell are they doing this ???

And I am not only talking about the running in front of the bike, but also, being on the road to the last minute making sure the racers can't see where they are going..

It would drive me mad...

can someone explain to me why european are doing this ?

Thank you.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Why Edvald Boasson Hagen needed those in P-R... :D
http://www.bikeradar.com/gallery/articl ... --36988/10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Wadl wrote:can someone explain to me why european are doing this ?

It's not just Europeans, it's everyone, everywhere. Some are better about it (running along side, but getting out of the way), some are idiots (running in the way) some aren't paying attention (riders collide with spectator), some are caught up in the moment (taking a photograph, getting hit by another rider)

INB4 pickle reference (because it's a bit dated, HammerTime2 or Stella)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Erm not me.

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Wadl

by Wadl

ok, so by any standard, these guys are mostly idiots... that's good to hear !! :)

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

stella-azzurra wrote:What was Van Avermaet trying to do?

poor man's leadout

djconnel

by djconnel

stella-azzurra wrote:So Gilbert is the real wheel sucker. Got it. :smartass:

He had GVA ahead, then GVA chasing, so Gilbert's behavior was consistent with team tactics. If they got caught it was fine with Gilbert: he has a teammate. That's the key question: "Is it okay with rider X if the break gets caught?" He was covering Sagan.

And the reason GVA was up the road was to enable exactly that. So it was excellent tactics by BMC. Sagan was just too brilliant, though. That was an amazing finish.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Did Sagan do a "Sagan" on the podium?

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

djconnel wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:So Gilbert is the real wheel sucker. Got it. :smartass:

He had GVA ahead, then GVA chasing, so Gilbert's behavior was consistent with team tactics. If they got caught it was fine with Gilbert: he has a teammate. That's the key question: "Is it okay with rider X if the break gets caught?" He was covering Sagan.

And the reason GVA was up the road was to enable exactly that. So it was excellent tactics by BMC. Sagan was just too brilliant, though. That was an amazing finish.

That was text book but this wasn't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n_3s7ST1YM
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

djconnel

by djconnel

That was 300 meters to go. No risk of them getting caught. No problem: standard sprint tactics. Big difference from sitting on someone's wheel with a pack breathing down your back for multiple km.

As I said: I thought Sep rode an honorable race at P-R. Sitting on Cancellara's wheel for 10 km or whatever would not be even remotely similar to this video. Your "smartass" token was appropriately placed.

djm

by djm

SO, EBH's P-R bike weighs 8.46 kilos. (http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pro ... lo-dogma-k)

What's going on?
With those wheels?

Have they reinforced the carbon frame with gold? Lead?

It's approximately what my time trial bike weighs. Not getting it.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

They filled in the back of the saddle with Lead...
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

Wow, so Sagan has warmed up for Amstel. That was amazing. Such calm, not chasing straightaway. I know, I know, but watching it it was just beautiful!