Anyone has a 2013 Cervelo R5 with Campy Record EPS?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kojtl1000

by kojtl1000

After the great advice you guys gave me regarding assembling my own road bike, I am looking into the 2013 Cervelo R5, with Campagnolo Record EPS group and ENVE SES 3.4 Clinchers.
Anyone has the combination of this frame with the Campagnolo group? I would appreciate if anyone could post a picture of their bike.

sigismond0

by sigismond0

Not mine, but a google gave me this:

http://www.echeloncycle.com/wp-content/ ... ampeps.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kojtl1000

by kojtl1000

Thanks, tried google as well, but got no hits on the 2013 model.

sigismond0

by sigismond0

Should look the same just with different color, right?

rmerka

by rmerka

Hard to tell as it's all black in that area, but it looks like a hole was drilled in the downtube.

giobox

by giobox

As I understand it, 'officially' you can't put Campag EPS systems on frames that don't have internal cable routing such as the R5. Unlike Shimano Campagnolo don't make an external wiring kit. That said, I imagine a solution could be found if you are set on doing it.

kojtl1000

by kojtl1000

giobox wrote:As I understand it, 'officially' you can't put Campag EPS systems on frames that don't have internal cable routing such as the R5. Unlike Shimano Campagnolo don't make an external wiring kit. That said, I imagine a solution could be found if you are set on doing it.

There is so little information available about this on the Cervelo website, I am a bit lost... Can someone tell me if this is true, the 2013 R5frame is NOT Campagnolo EPS ready? And if so, is there a solution for this (without me drilling holes in the frame)? I was really set on this combination, if not possible, I will have to look for another frame again (because I really want to use an electronic group) :?

rmerka

by rmerka

At one point R&A Cycles in NY had a "2013 Campy EPS R5 VWD" listed on their site. It has since disappeared. It's the only place I ever saw it. Other than that "unicorn" no new R5's exist that are Campy EPS ready that I know of. There's always the RCa... but it's a budget buster. I imagine you could run EPS external but I bet it would be pretty ugly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110085&start=15
This guy used shimano guides but still not super clean.