Dogma 65.1; Look 695 or Colnago C59

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cnbky

by cnbky

it is without a doubt that they will all ride fantastic.

It shouldn't be a hard decision if you're between the 3 (!) you need to let the bike decide. Get measured up, see how the geometry fits you. I really wanned a 695, measurements didn't fit - skipped it, easy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bely

by Bely

I personally own a Dogma 65.1 & Colnago c59...and test ridden a LOOK 695...

1) The dogma tracks perfectly. Its a pleasure to ride, begging to be pushed...it is heavy, but you dont feel the weight when you get on it (trust me i used to laugh at Dogma owners because i always thought for novice cyclists like myself, I would better feel the lightness than the stiffness....this bike rides like it is on rails and once you get it up to speed, its such an easy ride...
2) The Colnago C59 is GREAT for long rides (I ride the traditional geometry), it is smooth like butter...
3) the Look 695 rides nice (nothing out of this world) and nice is the best word i can use for it...honestly i was a little put off by the inability to switch out the parts (cranks)...and the ISP.
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

madonna

by madonna

I am having issue with the LOOK695. Please see the list below.

1. Chainrings oxidies easily.
2. Chainring (male) bolts make of alu snapped easily and cost about 60USD.
3. Bearing is showing signs of wear n tear in less than a year and changing it is very $$$

Of all the mentioned issues LOOK will not give a dammm about your problem as they will never reply your email.

Kiwirich

by Kiwirich

The C59 is a fantastic bike, it puts a smile on my face every time I take it out for a ride. I have had mine for two years without any problems. It may not be the lightest frame but given my height & weight it is perfect for me.
Colnago C59
Canyon CF 9.0

delonaBianchi

by delonaBianchi

All three are nice, i know a guy with a Look and he has had a couple of probs, one being bottom bracket, personally i would go for a Cervelo R5.

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

madonna wrote:I am having issue with the LOOK695. Please see the list below.

1. Chainrings oxidies easily.
2. Chainring (male) bolts make of alu snapped easily and cost about 60USD.
3. Bearing is showing signs of wear n tear in less than a year and changing it is very $$$

Of all the mentioned issues LOOK will not give a dammm about your problem as they will never reply your email.

I unfortunately have to confirm all of the issues mentioned above. Look's system integration has with no doubt certain advantages, but the pricing of proprietary spare parts is just ridiculous. Not to mention the limited availability. I paid 80 € for a set of 4 chainring bolts - nothing more to say on this.
Besides these issues, the 695 is a very nice looking bike with excellent ride qualities. Despite it in fact doesn't offer anything you wouldn't get with buying other brands and so possibly avoid the mentioned downsides.

Nevertheless I would seriously consider a Storck. My Fenomalist easily outperforms the Look in all categories and is by far the best bike I've ever ridden. If the geometry suits you give it a try - I bet you wouldn't regret it.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

Ride-Fly

by Ride-Fly

Colnago.

But I'd consider a Cyfac Absolu, Sarto Cima Coppi, and Fondriest TF0 at that price point. Especially the Sarto and TF0 if you want super light. The Cyfac if you want stunning beauty and attention to detail. All 3 has the exclusivity thing going for them.

sawyer

by sawyer

cerro wrote:Colnago is most classy but would like to ride a Dogma 65.1. The look feels a bit like a joke on some parts, not the best wiring where the Dogma and Colnago is nice. The Look got a strange stem that isn't looking so good if you ain't getting it in right length and height. The Dogma 65.1 is a really fat bike and well built. Nice to work with and you can use it with mechanical or electronic without changing frame. The Look can have problem with the crank too, not the best crankset. The biggest advantage with the Look is the seatpost, Look succeeded with that.

And a good dealer is always nice so recommend Dogma. Built some Dogma 65.1, a pair Colnagos and worked on some Look 695s.

Think the Look Zed 2 crankset had the best stiffness to weight ratio of any crankset, or thereabouts.

It also has variable crank length options which is a nice feature for experimentation for some people.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

stuarts

by stuarts

My choices in order of preference:

1. Colnago
2. Colnago
3.....................Colnago

:up:

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

That had me looking for the 'Like' button. :D

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

All great bikes but as one poster stated, you need to ride them to know what fits your style. All bikes have subtle differences that you'll only learn about by riding them. Also encourage you to consider other bikes.

As to the three you mentioned, I am partial to the Look only because I have a Look 595 and love it. That being said, not a fan of Look 695 due to proprietary hardware. If I were to go out shopping today of CF frames, Wiler, Fondriest and Stork would be at top of list.
It only hurts if you think.

Edo

by Edo

I have a 695SR. Bought last June and did 4000 miles last year. No issues with BB. I originally wanted and Dogma but the 695 felt better to me on the rode. I also closely looked at the C59 and for what its worth I liked it better than the Dogma when I did my test rides. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the 695.

Erik
Look 695SR
Basso Fast Cross
Felt DA