Mounting Garmin on TT bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kermithimself

by Kermithimself

Took my TT bike out yesterday and noticed that I couldn't see anything on my Garmin as it was attached to the stem. Any good ideas/products that are suited for the Edge for a TT bike?
------------
If you dream of being famous - think of what birds do to statues.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kermithimself/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdCPaXwpeXT_LpuEF0REjqw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gotlegscycling/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jupis

by jupis

I made one of block of balsa wood wrapped with carbon cloth. Attached to to bars using zip ties. Even simpler to use piece of pvc tube ziptied between the bars.

Currently I am working with another solution to move computer (currently using Edge 500) even further to be able to use torpedo mount bottle between the hands.
Juha H >> Swim > Bike > Run

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

Also what works surprisingly well is 2 piece of electrical tape wrapped around the extensions and then the garmin is placed between them. Idea is very similar to juanmoretime's solution but this way the garmin is laying right in between your extensions and you can move it even further forward without worry it will hit your arms.

It is a poor mans solution but worked surprisingly well. I found I could use the same tape for weeks and it would still hold. Since the tape is cradling the garmin from both top and bottom I never feared it falling out. Don't have a picture to show right this second.
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

got2ride

by got2ride

Barfly TT mount is the best

JackDaniels

by JackDaniels

Top of steerer tube and two zip ties. Not so pretty, but works great.

VPR

by VPR

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Szczuldo wrote:Also what works surprisingly well is 2 piece of electrical tape wrapped around the extensions and then the garmin is placed between them. Idea is very similar to juanmoretime's solution but this way the garmin is laying right in between your extensions and you can move it even further forward without worry it will hit your arms.

It is a poor mans solution but worked surprisingly well. I found I could use the same tape for weeks and it would still hold. Since the tape is cradling the garmin from both top and bottom I never feared it falling out. Don't have a picture to show right this second.

Exactly what I do, too.

[weenie]
Couple of wraps of electrical tape has to be lighter than a mount as well. ;)
[/weenie]
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Miller

by Miller

This topic was recently covered in the UK TT forum, some more suggestions there:
http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... =77076&hl= mounting garmin&st=0

baldy

by baldy

I used the same idea (independantly) as post 18 from the above link. Worked fine in my first race yesterday. Able to see it easily and no movement whatsoever. Was cut really tight in the first place which helped.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I use a K-Edge, fully extended, tilted down just a little bit, so I can look down and view it. I will try to post a photo later.

At last year's Interbike, K-Edge announced a new version for TT bikes. I sent them an e-mail, and was told that the product would be made available in March, due to manufacturing constraints with their current lineup. Considering we're in April, and I haven't seen anything, and the regular mount still has a 10-day backlog on their website, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. However, the current model works well if it fits your bullhorn.

gilesharrison

by gilesharrison

I've just got a Raceware TT mount. Really nicely made and puts the garmin where you need it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

allenpg

by allenpg

I use the Barfly aerobar mount on my TT bike. It's plastic, but still holds the Garmin securely.