Isaac Sonic - Limited Edition nr. 179

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SonicWouter

by SonicWouter

:thumbup: That looks very nice as well.
Styling these dark blue bikes is not easy. Both red and white can look too flashy and even cheapisch, but yours is still okay. Black is not flashy but somehow does not appeal to me on the dark blue frame. I thought the blue and silver is quite nice, but I can understand if people think it's too "normal" and want something more shouty.

Krull

by Krull

SonicWouter wrote:Styling these dark blue bikes is not easy..

thats true, especially the very "special" blue of those ltd-frames makes it really difficult.
here my interpretation, thats my summer-bike for the racing-season. the matt mavic wheels do not go perfect with the
framecolour. but they are simply perfect climbing-wheels for the mountains, so i decided to compromise between optic and function.
please excuse the non-original fork.

Last edited by Krull on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

1 OR 1 million it doesnt look very spectacular
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

Krull

by Krull

right, if you prefer spectacular bike design, making, f.e., an impression on people at the ice cream shop, this is the completely wrong frame for you. :wink:

LVGH

by LVGH

It's rather understated, that's for sure. No fancy tubes, aero shapes or screaming logos which are repeated on the frame 12 times. On each side. However it tends to look better in the flesh and impress other cyclists. I like its classic looks (mind you this is a 2006 design), just as I like my alu Cannondale from the same era. I'll be getting some deep dish hoops for an additional wow factor.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Krull wrote:please excuse the non-original fork.

Which fork is it?

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

so why bother making it limited?

I can think of dozens of other bikes being worthy of limited editions over this.
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

Krull

by Krull

ultyguy wrote:
Which fork is it?

hi, 3t rigida team.

TrekUk wrote:so why bother making it limited?

I can think of dozens of other bikes being worthy of limited editions over this.

hi,
just marketing (-joke), i think, nobody is taking this "limited" really serious. i can not imagine anybody arguing, that the label "limited" is making the bike more distinctive, or something like that. :wink:

i think, even isaac did not take it serious, because the succeeding 2007-sonic-modell looked almost identical to the so-called "limited". :D

if you ask me, i like the modest appaerance (they look like principia aluminium-frames, 2000-2005. btw., the cannondale evo looks like a classical aluminium-bike as well, in my opinion) of those bikes much more than the "spectacular" look of many current bikes. but this is a matter of taste. :wink:
Last edited by Krull on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

SonicWouter

by SonicWouter

@TrekUK
I think it's a matter of taste, too. I traded in my older Madone 5 series for this Isaac. I went to the bikestore to have a look at the newest Madone, Specialized and Pinarello. Very nice flashy bikes, but seeing the Isaac next to these I thought it was so much more special. Less of an eyecatcher but technically probably outperforming. A wolf in sheep' s clothing. And somehow I get the impression that the most expensive and flashy bikes are usually not ridden by the best performers. I understand immediately when you think it is nothing spectecular. You probably have to ride one to start loving it. Ltd is cool :wink: !

Wilco

by Wilco

Update on mine, looks way better with the Tune Wassertragers.

SonicWouter

by SonicWouter

Much better Wilco ;)

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Just cracked my Sonic :( but I think I've got a line on a used frame to replace...fingers crossed. Great bikes!

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

How's the ride? Climbing? Descending, and flatland over heavy roads.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Krull

by Krull

ultyguy wrote:Just cracked my Sonic :( .......

hi
i hope, you are ok!?
how did it happen?
best regards,