Fast summer tire

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fanis

by Fanis

Looking for a fast but durable tire to replace my Panaracer fire xc pro for summer use
The tire must be durable because i am 96kg
i don't know about the weight,maybe between 450-550gr
Storck Scenario C 0.9
Cube AMS Pro 125

michel2

by michel2

26" or29" ?
Im similiar weight and happy with my wtb nano's, i run them with stans before i had a furious fred on the back and a racing ralph up front

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kastrup

by Kastrup

Maxxis Ikon perhaps? They feel very fast on my 26 inch hardtail aand aren't ridiciously bad when it gets muddy or snowy.
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

Fanis

by Fanis

michel2 wrote:26" or29" ?

26''
Hope hubs+DtSwiss 5.1 rims
Storck Scenario C 0.9
Cube AMS Pro 125

sstefanov

by sstefanov

I am using Continental RaceKing 2.2 racesport. Very fast, great volume, unbelievable grip. It has been very durable for me but I am only 70kg. If you want a more durable version you can go for the Protection variant which has tougher sidewall. Just make sure you go for tyre with Black chilli rubber compound, as this is the one that grips so well.

Stefan

limba

by limba

I have the Black Chilli 2.2 Race Kings. I love them. They roll fast and the thread is durable. The only problem is weak sidewalls so be careful if you ding a rock.

Varaxis

by Varaxis

You know you gotta provide info about your terrain, preferably with pics of actual summer conditions. Else people are eventually gonna suggest everything: Racing Ralphs, Rocket Rons, Furious Freds, Crossmarks, Aspens, Ikons, XKings, RaceKings, Nanoraptors, Nanos, WildRac'r, Hutchison tires, etc... that would only make you even more indecisive. Help us help you narrow things down. I know my open desert climate extremely hard hardpack with kitty litter dusting and granite would call for something different than something that was optimized for terrain that was under a forest canopy, slightly moist, and loose and loamy, like some Specialized tires would be better suited for.

Fanis

by Fanis

Here the summer's are hot and all the terrains are dry.also the terrain that i often ride is dry with small stones/rocks
Storck Scenario C 0.9
Cube AMS Pro 125

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com